Consumer Collections Analytics & Strategy Consultant
Company: Volkswagen Group of America
Posted on: October 19, 2020
The Consumer Analytics & Strategy Consultant role will leverage
their strong analytical background to identify opportunities to
continuously drive improvements in collections effectiveness. Will
possess the analytics background and strategic acumen to direct a
function that draws strategic insights from data using database and
statistical analysis tools to inform business leaders in their
decisions and support the company's overarching strategic goals
relative to loss prevention. The individual should have the
proficiency in statistical analysis to support these initiatives
and improve reporting capabilities, coupled with the business
acumen to apply the results and suggest insights in conjunction
with, or in support of business stakeholders. Ideally, this
candidate will have experience in strategy analytics, meaning
drawing business insights from data and applying critical thinking
in support of business goals.
Main responsibility - Operational 60 % of time spent
- Utilize analytic tools (i.e. SAS, SQL, Tableau, Python, R) data
query tools to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data
analysis and reporting for collections teams to make timely,
- Develop tests and pilots and oversee the overall quantitative
testing strategy for collections.
- Analyze data and create and validate assumptions that feed into
volume growth and profitability strategies.
- Data and analytical support of incentive programs, ensuring
programs are driving desired behaviors.
- Draw conclusions by making recommendations for developing or
modifying existing strategies.
- Direct development of queries, pulling of data, and assembling
of reports leveraging best practices.
- Continually enhance existing reports.
- Recommend solutions to business leaders in response to business
problems and opportunities.
- Stay abreast of company strategy and recommend enhancements in
response to that strategy and industry best practices.
- Guide cross-functional teams.
Additional responsibilities - Strategic 40 % of time
- Collaborate with members of Risk Management and Service Center
Operations to determine if quantitative analysis and modeling is
required to improve business performance
- Educate colleagues on proper statistical principles and
methodology; sell ideas and conclusions in a clear, concise manner
to colleagues with limited statistical background
- Collaborate across Consumer Risk group to ensure initiatives
are aligned with the established risk appetite
- Identify areas of opportunity where data science can improve
business results or increase process efficiency; demonstrate
effective planning, research and implementation of statistical
7-10 years of relevant experience required
- 5+ Years experience in a statistical role
- 2 Years Data Analysis or Modeling with large transactional
- 2 Years experience in the evaluation of complex data driven
problem solving and optimization of operational processes
- Required - Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline:
Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Operations
- Desired - Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics,
- Demonstrated ability to successfully drive results for multiple
projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with
experience using analytical tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau and
Open Source tools such as Python / R
- Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of
- Strong thought leadership
- Defines, develops and implements collection strategies in FICO
- Conduct analysis of business strategies to improve the
effectiveness and efficiency of early and late stage collections
- Advanced knowledge of concepts, principles, standards,
practices and techniques relating to statistical modeling,
analysis, interpretation and communication
- Ability to conduct large scale projects and research through
all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics,
determination of appropriate methodology, research evaluation and
final research report
- Established data mining skills using existing databases, third
party-provided data, or creating your own when necessary
- Ability to "think out of the box" and use unconventional
methods where necessary
- Specialized ability to communicate highly technical subjects to
the senior executives and others who have limited background in
mathematics or statistics
- Advanced knowledge of applied statistical methodologies
including least squares regression, logistic regression, sampling
methodologies, time series analysis, decision trees, text
analytics, unsupervised modeling/ machine learning techniques.
- Minimal travel - 5%
- Flexibility to work remotely on as-needed basis
- Role may require occasional/seasonal work outside of normal
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Volkswagen Group of America, Chicago , Consumer Collections Analytics & Strategy Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Libertyville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!