Sr. Director, Total Rewards and People Operations
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company
they love. We're transforming an entire industry through the power
of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and
insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds
companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office
locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown,
Glassdoor is looking for a Sr. Director of Total Rewards and People
Operations to join our People Team. This is a great opportunity to
make a real difference at the ground level of a global tech
company. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this key position
will be responsible for the strategy and execution of all
compensation and benefits at Glassdoor, as well as implementing key
technology, programs, processes, and policies to deliver an
employee experience where people love their job and build their
career.What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of 10 employees spanning compensation, benefits,
People Operations, and technology/people data and
- Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to
assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design
- Create, manage and administer innovative, compelling total
rewards programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders
across the company to ensure that all total rewards programs
support the organization's strategic objectives.
- Partner with other G&A teams such as Finance, Payroll,
Legal, and Sales Compensation to develop and efficiently deliver
comprehensive programs for managers and employees.
- Identify compensation and benefit differences by region and
country and integrate these into a clear, global total rewards
- Review and analyze employee survey feedback on compensation and
- Work closely with People Business Partners, Recruiting, and key
business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions,
transfers, and ongoing job leveling, allowing for dynamic changes
as the market demands.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment
cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling,
partner management, communication and system
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze
and assess market data, industry trends, and standard methodologies
to create market competitive reward packages.
- Define the strategy and operating model for the team, inclusive
of: Onboarding, Offboarding, Compliance, Immigration, Contingent
Workforce Management, HR Service Desk, and HR Technology.
- Design and implement technology-enabled processes that drive
efficiency for the People team as well as employees, working
closely with key business partners.
- Own the Workday and overall People Technology roadmap,
partnering closely with our internal Business Applications team,
Information Security, Legal, and other key partners.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years' experience
- Proven experience developing and managing innovative,
compelling compensation and total rewards programs in a fast-paced
environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making
decisions based on emerging priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and
trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and
ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and
projective models, full understanding of equity practices,
accounting and taxation, etc.
- Proven ability to supervise, prioritize and drive to success
multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an
executor, with strong operational background
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple
levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics;
excels at openness and flexibility with internal clients, balanced
with maintaining consistency in total rewards philosophies and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal
- The highest level of integrity and management of confidential
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80%
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off
- Pay transparency: Pay bands and compensation philosophy are
shared publicly to ensure that everyone is paid fairly. Our annual
Pay Gap Study found no gender or race/ethnicity pay gap at
- Diversity data transparency: Glassdoor externally publishes
diversity information about its employee population to hold
ourselves accountable to our commitment to change. We also provide
programs and resources to foster a greater sense of belonging for
- Employee feedback transparency: We publicly publish our
employee feedback survey responses to ensure everyone has a
complete picture of what it's like to work here.
- Company performance transparency: Glassdoor will provide
candidates easy access to the financial performance of the HR Tech
strategic business unit of Recruit Holdings, of which Glassdoor is
Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental to us walking
the talk as we advocate for transparency everywhere. The ultimate
goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for
every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all
aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex,
marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other
category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity
employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an
environment free from discrimination, harassment, and
Keywords: Glassdoor, Chicago , Sr. Director, Total Rewards and People Operations, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!