Chief Financial Officer
Company: LinkSource Recruiters
Posted on: January 15, 2021
NW Recruiters is currently conducting a search for one of our
key clients, a provider of custom automated packing solutions in
the Chicago, Illinois area, who is adding an operationally-minded
CFO to their leadership team, due to current and forecasted growth.
This client provides customers innovative packaging solutions
through: a broad range of capabilities, dependable equipment,
excellent technical and customer support, and new technologies.
Under the direction of the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer
provides strategic direction for planning, implementing, managing,
executing and controlling all financial activities for the
organization. Areas of responsibility for this role include:
strategic and operational business planning, financial analysis,
and management of the accounting, information services and human
resource functions. This position is a key member of the
organization's collaborative, "roll-up-the-sleeves" leadership
-- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
-- Financial Analysis and Planning:
- Prepares and maintains regular financial planning reports.
- Identifies trends and provides the financial perspective for
key business decisions, and managing profitability and cash
- Develops annual business plan and related processes. Interfaces
with department leaders to prepare, integrate and track
- Analyzes business results on a monthly and annual basis, and
issues financial statements and reports.
- Maintains a strong business relationship with the bank(s) that
provide working capital and capital equipment loans. Provides
bank(s) with information summarizing organizational performance
(highlighting financial areas) on a monthly basis.
- Develops and delivers timely quarterly financial reporting
packages for the Board of Directors.
- Monitors and implements the financial forecast for the
organization, analyzing financials, and recommending changes in an
effort to improve the long-term financial health of the
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and
operational information to the President and leadership team and
make actionable recommendations on both strategy and
- Alerts sales, production, warehouse management and shareholders
of issues that are identified through review and analysis.
- Manages the capital request and budgeting processes. Reviews
and analyzes capital expenditure requests for: completeness,
measurability and validity of costing and value realization.
Analyze capital spending variances to budget and provide
explanation for variances.
- Monitors inventory for variances, cost increases, discrepancies
- Analyzes the sales, product, and gross margins identifying
problems, variances and declining trends. Recommend and implement
- Conducts analysis of materials and purchasing processes from
costing through vendor payment to insure accuracy and
- Assesses organizational financial and operations performance
against both the annual budget and company's long-term
- Participates in corporate policy development as a member of the
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental
goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Strategic
- Works with the President on the strategic vision including
fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Directly supervises leaders of accounting and information
services. Provides overall inspiration, leadership and management
for the activities of approximately related staff.
- Develops and executes analysis of various business initiatives
(e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service
- Conducts due-diligence for business expansion opportunities and
make risk vs. rewards recommendations to owners.
- Assesses the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise
the leadership team on design and implementation matters.
- Develops and assists the President with the implementation of
strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs,
and systems. Accounting:
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of regular financial
planning reports including: monthly, quarterly and annual financial
- Oversees the management of collections, accounts receivable,
accounts payable and payroll.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Establishes and ensures systems are developed and utilized to
ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems, functions,
controls and procedures.
- Ensures records systems are maintained in accordance with
generally accepted auditing standards.
- Assumes responsibility for all transactions that are handled
within the accounting department with an expectation of complete
- Ensure cash is managed prudently insuring positive financial
- Maintain company's financial stability and integrity through
financially sound, decision-making. Operational Alignment:
- Analyzes profitability of products and customers based on
standard costs and assists with pricing decisions.
- As appropriate, assists in the implementation of lean
processing practices to insure manufacturing schedules are
appropriate and labor costs are controlled.
- Manages cost accounting focusing on products costs to help
achieve desired gross margins.
- Assists sale team on special projects related to pricing,
reporting, and job costing.
- Continually assesses and evaluates opportunities for providing
additional data to assist operations, sales and leadership team
indecision making processes.
- Conducts analysis to develop detailed cost information required
to set productivity standards, report performance against those
standards, and develop improved accuracy of cost of sales and
inventory valuations. Information Systems:
- Oversees the management of Information Systems department.
- Responsible for the company's Information Technology Systems;
including design, implementation, maintenance and procurement.
- Organization utilizes TCM software and 3 CAD Platforms. Human
- Provides direction related to strategic and key tactical
decisions related to this functional area.
- Key liaison in PEO relationship with outsourced human resource
services provider Internal Representation:
- Active member of the leadership team by contributing to the
development and implementation of tactical and strategic plans and
- Participates in staff meetings representing finance and
accounting, human resources and information services. External
- Maintains a strong business relationship with the public
accounting firm performing tax, audit and consulting service.
- Maintains a strong relationship with the bank(s) that provide
capital, including assurance of compliance with reporting
- Oversees business insurance plans and health care coverage
analysis. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Accounting, Business, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible
Controller or CFO experience in the area of fiscal
management/accounting including at least five (3) years management
- Extensive background in accounting and auditing, operations,
policies and procedures, with advanced knowledge of state and
federal compliance regulations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare
financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Experience preparing budgets and cost benefit analyses.
- Effective analytical ability in order to develop and analyze
options, recommend solutions to and solve complex issues.
- Exceptional leadership skills, evidenced by successfully
building, motivating and managing teams, and by effectively working
as a partner with a leadership team.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and
attention to details.
- Energy and drive to deliver objectives on time, on budget, and
- Highly collaborative team leader/player.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order
- Exceptional work ethic and time commitment to organizational
- Self-directed individual with strong leadership skills,
initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated success working with people at all levels in the
organization, with a commitment to working on cross-functional
- A disposition and approach to relationships and work which is
open and honest, trustworthy and fair.
- Motivated and equipped to get involved in the operational side
of the business.
- Ability to manage company and financial information in a
confidential and professional manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer programs such
as Microsoft Office and programs/systems utilized in fiscal
management including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation
- Experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing human resource and/or information services
- Masters in Business Administration.
- Experience with the following concepts; TQM, Total Quality
Management systems, LEAN, Supply Chain management, or ISO.
Keywords: LinkSource Recruiters, Chicago , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!