Senior Manager, Financial Analysis
Company: Kemper Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location(s)Chicago ILDetailsIn this role you will--be reporting
directly to the VP, Controller for Claims Functions to support and
interface with Claims on financial needs. This includes the
creation of qualitative and quantitative analyses that provide
critical insights enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions.
Define, design, and build financial models, reports and
presentations to support internal planning and budgeting as well as
to support external reporting. Understand key metrics and leverage
financial information to deliver required financial targets.
Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking
skills,--a strategically oriented thought process,--exceptional
communication skills and must conduct themselves with the utmost
- Develop and provide leadership in developing budget,
forecasting, and reporting for the Claims Functions; guide the
Claims Functions in the budget process.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of the P&L for Claims
Functions. Drive actionable information and advice to functional
teams. Evaluate financial outcomes of various decision
alternatives; provide management with information on potential
decision impacts along with recommended options and action plans.
Advise on key business planning assumptions, identify, and quantify
risks and/or opportunities
- Translate content needed for senior level presentations; ensure
content provided meets requirements; assist in preparation of
presentations for senior management
- Develop ad-hoc analyses required by the Claims functions
- Move forward projects/improvements that need leadership and
- Support management rollforward reporting/management operating
- Provide more hands on/ day to day support for analysts
- Support the increasing needs of the businesses on Claims
- Oversee close review for Claims functions
- Enhance management information--
- Seek out ways to continuously improve processes
- Lead the development and analysis of financial models that
drive strategic insights and help address diverse business
- Assist in the evaluation of our Claims business strategy and
initiatives relative to our broader corporate strategy
- Evaluate the impact of strategic decisions on our stakeholders
(i.e., customers, employees, shareholders, etc.)Position
- 5+ years of experience in a finance role with analysis
experience or equivalent combination of experience.
- Demonstrate effective financial, strategic, and executive
leadership. She or he will appreciate the rigorous, analytical
requirements of a public company, and have the ability to build the
requisite infrastructure to support those needs within the
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and handle multiple
projects and deadlines in a complex business environment
- Exceptional--verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to present complex analysis and recommendations
- Ability to self-manage progress and deliverables with a high
degree of accountability and urgency
- Experience partnering with colleagues across an organization as
well as an ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL and
other relational databases
- Experience with financial reporting and planning tools,
preferably, Adaptive Planning
- Strong Financial/Insurance modeling skills required.
- Strong Financial and Insurance Industry Acumen and knowledge of
insurance financials (GAAP and STAT). Strong understanding of
planning and budgeting process. Understanding of insurance capital
- Strong Business Acumen and knowledge of how the business works;
knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices,
trends, technology, and information affecting the organization;
knows the competition well; is keenly aware of how strategies and
- Ability to work at strategic, operational and tactical
- Developing executive presence and ability to foster trusting
relationships and influence others -ZR -GD -IN -PT Posted 3 Days
Ago Full time R-20-0011186 About Us Kemper at a Glance The Kemper
family of companies is one of the nation's leading specialized
insurers. With over $12 billion in assets, Kemper is improving the
world of insurance by providing affordable and easy-to-use
personalized solutions to individuals, families and businesses
through its Auto, Personal Insurance, Life and Health brands.
Kemper serves over 6.4 million policies, is represented by more
than 30,000 agents and brokers, and has over 8,300 associates
dedicated to meeting the ever-changing needs of its customers.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal
Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V Our employees enjoy great benefits:--
--- Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your
--- Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending
Accounts and various retirement plans.
--- Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid
certifications and continuing education programs.
--- Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer
--- Balance your life with generous paid time off and business
--- Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through
Keywords: Kemper Corporation, Chicago , Senior Manager, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!