Associate, Investments (Private Markets
Company: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Associate, Investments (Private Markets) The Associate,
Investments assists portfolio managers in evaluating and executing
a variety of private market transactions, including private credit
opportunities, as well as structured products and private equity
investments. This individual is primarily responsible for analyzing
the credit worthiness of various private and structured credit
issuers, generating investment ideas, and making appropriate buy,
sell, and hold recommendations. Reporting to the Vice President,
Investments, this individual will join a highly collaborative team
responsible for making investments in a variety of sectors and
industries. In addition, the ideal candidate will thrive working in
an entrepreneurial team environment, be highly self-motivated,
disciplined and confident. This individual will exhibit personal
integrity, a deep desire to learn, and strong verbal and written
- New Investments
- Assists the Investments team with performing due diligence on a
variety of private market investments including private credit,
structured products, and private equity opportunities.
- Collaborates with both sell-side and other industry partners to
help source and track deal flow and market color.
- Assists in private market negotiations, including determining
structure and deal terms, with potential investment partners and
- Analyzes the credit risks/mitigants of target investments to
assess the relative value of an investment across private market
- Provides analysis of business models and financial statements
of investment opportunities.
- Prepares investment memos that articulate the merit of an
investment opportunity, portfolio fit, and risk/return.
- Proactively develops and articulates recommendations to both
the Vice President of Investments and the broader investment
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis on specific
investments, asset classes, or aggregate portfolios.
- Assists in presenting findings to the credit committee and
- Develops and maintains research tools including models,
databases, and spreadsheets.
- Utilizes thorough investigative process involving conference
calls, research reports, company visits, industry contacts, and
financial analysis to evaluate portfolio positions.
- Other Analysis/Responsibilities
- Works in tandem with Portfolio Allocation/Management Group to
ensure investments meet overall portfolio needs.
- Works with Treasury, Back and Middle Offices to ensure smooth
operations of both new and existing investments.
- Willingly take on additional responsibilities as requested in
order to accomplish Company objectives.
- Supports the broader Investment Team and/or other departments
on an as needed basis.
- Actively participates and contributes to the goals and
objectives of the Company by working collaboratively and fostering
a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Provide other ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis. Skills And
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office, (including Excel and
PowerPoint), and Bloomberg.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills in financial modeling and analysis,
as well as knowledge of portfolio strategy, risk analysis,
performance review, and investment theory
- Knowledge of Aladdin, Intex, or other analytical investment
software a plus.
- Passion for financial and economic analysis, ability to
structure quantitative and qualitative problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities in a team environment
- Collaborative, energized by the open exchange of ideas.
- Highly motivated; strong desire to learn.
- Ability to adapt quickly and appropriately within the constant
evolution of the company and the industry. Training Or Work
- Minimum 4 years of experience of principal investing or
investment banking experience required.
- Experience and familiarity in either private credit/leverage
credit or esoteric structured products (either buy or sell-side)
- Experience working within a regulated environment, preferably
life insurance is highly valued. Education:
- Bachelors Degree - Required
- Masters Degree - Preferred ---Specific Degree: MBA or Masters
in Finance Certifications:
- CFA - Preferred, progress toward, or willingness to pursue the
CFA or CAIA
Keywords: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, Chicago , Associate, Investments (Private Markets, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!