Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Important Update: At Northwestern Medicine safety is always a
top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Northwestern
Medicine has moved to a more virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. Review the latest information about the virus .
Senior Analyst - Revenue Integrity, Full-time, Days Location
Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job
REQID 9189 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st)
Apply Now At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes
a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This
patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the
healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have
the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?DescriptionThe Senior Analyst,
Revenue Integrity reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM,
adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
- Perform daily maintenance and quarterly audits of the EAP.
- Prepare necessary files for the EAP database of required
- Proactively identify charge capture opportunities in all
revenue producing departments.
- Research and interpret billing and coding regulations,
communicate to impacted areas, and apply changes that affect
policy, financial, charge capture, patient care, billing, and
- Lead quarterly audits on the charge master data elements.
- Review departmental front-end charge capture tools for
- Leads complex audits and prepares methodology for annual
pricing changes and/or annual coding changes.
- Consistently delivers concrete, relevant results.
- Displays qualities of resiliency and resourcefulness while
thinking strategically and practically when problem solving.
- In addition to results orientation, displays business
knowledge, speed and decisiveness, and project management.
- Troubleshoot complex account errors and provides education for
resolution to Revenue Manager(s).
- Resolves and answers questions related to charge capture and
complex regulatory billing issues. (e.g. Provider-Based status
rules, OPPS, CCI, MUE).
- Liaison with Revenue Cycle, IT and clinical departments to link
EPIC and charge master.
- Research, compile, and analyze financial data while organizing
and maintaining database files for financial modeling.
- Mentors and supports members of Revenue Integrity Team as an
- Lead efforts to assess, modify, and/or develop and implement
more timely and consistent processes/systems to increase
efficiency, accuracy, and meaningfulness of information.
- Demonstrates knowledge in computer applications such as
knowledge in databases, spreadsheets and word processing
applications in a high complexity environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, adopting and implementing industry
best practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Supports the finance, operations and revenue cycle teams
through special projects.
- Protect operations by keeping financial and patient information
- Supports the finance operation of Northwestern
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or 10+ years of
equivalent experience with progressive advancement.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and analytical
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite.
- 5+ years in revenue cycle or revenue integrity role.
- Requires critical thinking, decisive judgment, high attention
to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced understanding of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10, and third-party
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Medicare/Medicaid
- EPIC Certification (Resolute Charge Capture).
- EPIC Certification (Clarity Report Data).
- Master's degree in Healthcare Management, Business, MIS, Data
Analytics, or related field.
- Beginner to Moderate knowledge of SQL and relational
- RHIA preferred or related health care credential (e.g.
Radiology technician, RN).Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is
an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex,
race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected
status. Apply Now Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status,
disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status. We
are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable
accommodation at any step in our application or interviewing
process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a Human Resources
representative will connect with you to discuss next steps.
Northwestern Medicine -- is a trademark of Northwestern Memorial
HealthCare, used by Northwestern University.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Chicago , Senior Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!