Company: Third Road Management LLC
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Third Road Management is revolutionizing the way that mid-sized
organizations staff their CFO suite/ financial office. We are
firmly entrenched in the belief that hiring our team at from Third
Road Management at the CFO, Controller and Bookkeeping positions a
portion of the time is a much better alternative that the
traditional model of hiring average full-time talent. Further,
Third Road Management believes that by hiring us versus an
individual organizations benefit from the consistency we bring
through investment in our team and the sharing of best practices,
stability in the form of continuity, and the confidentiality and
objectivity and that come from hiring an independent firm that
isn't caught up in organizational politics. Third Road Management
provides clients with three services: Fractional CFO, Fractional
Controller and Fractional Bookkeeping Services.
This position is for one of our Fractional Bookkeeping roles where
the hired candidate would serve as a Fractional Bookkeeper for
multiple Third Road Management clients. This is a part-time role
(20+ hours/ week) that will grow into a full-time role in the near
Candidates should be aware that Third Road Management is neither a
placement agency nor a project oriented consulting firm. Our
employees work exclusively with Third Road Management and this
position will be subject to a non-compete agreement.
- Supporting clients in their daily transactional accounting
- Accounts Receivable: Applying payments, recording and
collecting receivables ensuring that all billings are collected in
a timely manner according to existing payment terms and
- Perform all accounts payable functions including, but not
limited to, reviewing invoices and ensuring, if applicable, they
are in compliance with vendor agreements, obtaining invoice
approvals from appropriate operational managers and ensuring
correct coding of invoices to the appropriate accounts.
- Perform on a monthly and quarterly basis, both bank, loan,
credit card statements and general ledger account reconciliations
as requested or needed by client.
- Assist Client Accounting team in balancing the General Ledger
by preparing a trial balance; and preparing and reviewing
- Support Client Accounting team by helping prepare routine
monthly financial reports, annual legal entity and tax filings;
coordinate with auditors to provide documentation as
- Maintain historical records as appropriate including contracts,
vendor agreements, 1099's, W-9s, vendor re-seller certificates
- Complete Payroll processing on a timely basis as determined by
- Assist clients and staff in all areas of sales tax compliance.
Prepare and review various multi-state sales tax filings.
- Perform filing or other duties as requested by Client.
- Facilitate cash management as needed.
- Build strong relationships with the client and existing
- Must be able to work independently with support from supervisor
- 5+ years experience working with small to mid-size businesses
in bookkeeping or monthly close accounting is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrates ability to manage
projects, and juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously to
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful,
mature, and flexible.
- Must possess a strong ability to manage relationships and
communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable to numerous industries.
- Competent in many systems, preferably Quickbooks Online,
Desktop or Enterprise. In general, adaptable to whatever accounting
system the client utilizes.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- CPA (active or inactive) is preferred.
- PC/Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, and Outlook).
- Willingness to travel throughout greater Chicago metropolitan
area to different client sites.
- Manufacturing/ distribution experience is a plus, particularly
in relation to inventory management and cost accounting.
Keywords: Third Road Management LLC, Chicago , Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!