Senior Universal Banker
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The primary responsibility of the Senior Universal Banker is to
be a personal or business banking advisor to new and existing
customers related to bank offerings, products, personal accounts
and general banking questions. In addition, The Senior Universal
Banker will build key customer relationships, identify and close
new business opportunities, maintain knowledge of current market
conditions and competition. The Senior Universal Banker will also
develop a pipeline of new business by prospecting for new bank
clients through networking, cold calling and building referral
relationships and grow and retain existing accounts by presenting
new solutions and services to clients. They will also provide a
high level of customer service, answer questions, complete customer
teller line transactions and be able to assist the Branch Manager,
if requested, with overall branch operations.
- Demonstrate highest standards of personal and professional
integrity, adheres to company's policies and procedures, and
complies with applicable laws, government rules and
- Participate in outside business development initiatives such as
business calls, branch meetings or off-site meetings; participates
in bank activities outside of the branch
- Build a pipeline of business and referrals for branch and other
internal bank lines of business.
- Contribute to branch goals and meet personal goals.
- Perform daily transactions including but not limited to,
opening / closing accounts, making decisions on overdrafts, cashing
checks, depositing cash & checks, transferring funds, retirement
savings deposits, mail deposits, loan payments, redeem savings
bonds, issue gift cards and provide customers access to safety
- Assist in opening personal or business accounts including but
not limited to, checking, credit cards, lines, savings, HSA, money
market, retirement and CD's.
- Assist in opening bank offerings including, but not limited to,
debit cards, online & mobile banking, overdraft protection, sweeps
and combined statements.
- Assist in promoting Consumer Lending products and assist in
closing process; including but not limited to, Home Equity Lines,
Home Equity Loans and Home Improvement Loans.
- Provide oversight of sales & operations of the branch and staff
in the absence of the Branch Management.
- Help train new staff or cross train existing staff;
participates in bank training and compliance exercises weekly,
monthly or annually, tracks Teller training schedules providing
direction to Tellers and Personal Bankers on policies, procedures
and cross-selling opportunities.
- Perform branch specific duties including, but not limited to,
balance vault, ATM and / or coin machine, process night deposits,
order or prepare currency and coins for Federal Reserve shipments,
prepare money orders and cashier checks and verify large cash
deposits, cash drawer audits and security testing.
- Resolve customer account issues and / or customer
- Answer email and / or telephone inquiries or forwards to
appropriate bank personnel.
- Assist in all branch opening and closing procedures; alarms,
night drop deposit, currency vault and maintain the client lobby
area.Requirements and Skills:
- This position requires knowledge equivalent to a high school
- Up to and including 2 - 5 years' experience in Retail Banking
- Certifications/Licenses: Ability to obtain an NMLS
- Ambition and energy are required for this position.
- Business Development, Time Management and Communication (verbal
and written) skills are required for this position.
- Networking and prospecting skills are required for this
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are
required for this position.
- Beginner skills in Navigator, Integrated Teller, Business
Process Manager, Elan, Simplex, CWS, Deluxe and Premier Director
- Keyboarding skills are required for this position. (At least 35
- Sales or cash handling experience is required for this
- This position requires occasional local travel.We are a
drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks and drug
screening is performed on all new hires, in accordance with
applicable laws and regulations.We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or
any other legally protected classes.We are an E-Verify employer.
Please click the following link to learn more.TIGH
- 2 - 5 years: Retail Banking or SalesEducationRequired
Keywords: Inland, Chicago , Senior Universal Banker, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!