Senior Accountant- North America
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions
globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people
discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in
their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local
businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events.
At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools
to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that
great people make great companies and that starting with the
customer and working backward moves us forward.Senior
AccountantGroupon is looking for a talented, highly motivated
individual to join our accounting team as a Senior Accountant.Core
- Play a key role in the month end close process and manage
various asset and liability account reconciliations. Specifically,
assist with monthly close of Groupon's North American operations
with the proper recording and reporting of both routine and more
complex technical accounting areas, including reviewing month-end
journal entries and completing general ledger account
- Review daily cash transaction coding across all North American
bank accounts and entities
- Prepare and Review monthly financial statement variance
analyses to understand month over month and quarter over quarter
fluxes and be able to explain the activity to management.
- Assist management with Sarbanes-Oxley procedures, tax, internal
and external audit requests, and quarterly and annual filings.
- Collaborate with other departments, including Finance, Tax,
Legal, Marketing, and Engineering. Communicate effectively with
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as
- Assist with coaching and mentoring accounting staff.Key
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with general ledger / month-end close processes
- MS-Office proficiency, specifically intermediate to advanced
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Netsuite
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast
- Detail oriented with a strong commitment to preparing accurate
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience; Public Accounting
experience preferred, but not required.
- CPA is a plus.Groupon is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Type:
- Must have been in a Senior Accounting role.: 5 years
- Bachelor's (Required)Location:
Keywords: Groupon, Chicago , Senior Accountant- North America, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!