Senior Cost Accountant
Company: Fcl Builders Llc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Senior Cost Accountant will manage construction cost
reports, project budgets, and oversee the internal cost accounting
reporting for FCL. This role will work closely with Project
Managers and Senior Management in all regions to ensure effective
management of cost and revenue budgets and financial forecasts. The
Cost Accountant will review customer contracts to ensure that
projects are billing per contract requirements and will produce
billing, costing, and cash flow reports for the region. Travel
- Assist Project Managers with change management and ensure cost
and revenue budgets are updated both timely and accurately.
- Reconcile contracts and calculate profitability.
- Review and analyze regional Project Financial Review (PFR)
- Analyze the accounting and associated billing requirements in
all the region's projects to ensure that projects to ensure that
projects are being billed per contract requirements.
- Perform internal audits of region's cost reports, which
includes periodic travel out of NE Region project sites.
- Facilitate training for region's projects on cost reporting,
budgeting, change management etc.
- Work closely with Regional VP to manage the financial risk and
potential for projects.
- Develop billing and cash flow reports on regional
- Assist accounting management in the development of FCL's ERP
system and automation of cost reporting.
- Develop thorough understanding of FCL's WIP reporting and
assisting Accounting Management with the monthly financial
reporting for the Region.
- Reviews and understands prime contract and change orders,
including GCs, insurance, taxes, payment terms and labor laws on NE
- Follows and implements proper internal controls and acts as
main point of contact for any external financial audits.
- Minimum five years of construction cost accounting
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including advanced level of
Excel (pivot tables, v-h lookups, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to coherently
explain complex accounting and financial data and reports.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced
- Travel 25 - 40%by Jobble
Keywords: Fcl Builders Llc, Chicago , Senior Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Itasca, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!