Company: Business Sweden
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Accountant (BIO Senior Specialist) Business Sweden is
looking to hire an experienced accountant to join our Business
Incubation and Operations (BIO) team.
Business Sweden established in 2014 and has since rapidly expanded
to 40+ countries with 550+ employees all over the world. In the US,
we have offices in New York, San Francisco and Chicago. Together,
we make up one of the most successful, progressive and dynamic
business units in Business Sweden in the largest economy in the
world. Our role is to help Swedish companies reach their full
international potential by providing consultancy services and
Why we need you? To support our clients - You will provide expert
financial advice and administrative accounting support to our
clients who offer products and services spanning across 7 markets
from retail, innovative technologies, pharma, luxury goods and
To complement our dynamic team - You will be part of a
collaborative, positive, and ambitious team that provides clients
with financial information through administration, research,
analysis, bookkeeping, account analysis and preparation of
To grow with us - Your experience will be key to supporting our
growing client base and expansion of our existing services.
- Offering support and advisory services across a variety of
client accounts from startups to established corporations.
- Actively engage in client dialogues, understand client's needs,
and promote our service offerings when appropriate.
- Interpret and present prospective client's month end financials
to their boards.
- Drive client meetings, onboard new clients, implement new
clients, bank set up, payroll, benefits, and business
- Answer accounting and financial questions from clients by
researching and interpreting data.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and
files; reconciling accounts and closing the months.
- Prepare external financial statements for customers by
gathering and analyzing information from general ledger
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses, assigning account
numbers, initiating disbursements.
- Prepare invoicing to customers, accruing revenue, recording
- Cash/Bank reconciliation, management analysis and limited
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative
tasks as may be required from time to time by Controller or
- Accomplish our organization's mission to help Swedish companies
grow in U.S. Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business
administration or similar field.
- At least 5+ years of accounting experience is a must,
especially working with small business in variety of industries
(manufacturing, retail, online).
- Good knowledge of SFAS Rules.
- Must be very proficient in use of Quickbooks (Premier,
Accountant, Online), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and
- Good knowledge of GAAP.
- Client focused with an emphasis on relationship building to
promote client retention.
- Ability to prioritize efficiently and strong accountability for
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret and analyze
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and welcome new
- Collaborative, social and team-working skills are highly valued
as well as passion for growing Business Sweden. A Plus
- Knowledge in Sales Tax, Payroll Processing and Benefits
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV.
- Knowledge of IFRS principles.
- Proficiency in speaking Swedish.
- 20 days vacation 1st year
- 25 days vacation 2nd year
- 5 sick days annually
- Hybrid environment + WFH allowance + phone allowance
- 12-weeks paid parental leave
- 401k with company match
- Fully covered Health, Dental, Vision benefits
Keywords: Business Sweden, Chicago , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!