Compliance Property Manager
Company: A Safe Haven Foundation
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Summary This individual -will -be -responsible for effectively
auditing tenant files. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Other
-duties may be assigned. -Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
- Perform -all -duties in accordance with current Section 8,
HOME, LIHTC, IHCDA, DOC, City of Chicago, CLIHTF, HUD, -and -other
regulatory -and -funder -requirements. -Coordinate with funding
agencies for site reviews and inspections. -Complete reports as
- Complete -assessments, evaluations, income calculations, file
reviews, and development of operating procedures for Affordable
Housing programs, either independently or -with a -team.
- Manage -a -monthly portfolio Manages KMA Property Management
Real Estate residential properties. Collect, process, and verify
documentation -as required. -Manage annual compliance submissions
and review packages for completeness.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of assigned portfolio of projects based
on prescribed timeframes. -Assesses the operational compliance
against regulatory requirements -to ensure -housing remains
affordable, -habitable, safe, and sanitary.
- Monitor -distribution of rent payments, -rent delinquencies,
and -distribution of notices. Establish payment arrangements for
delinquencies as needed.
- Resolve property compliance issues. -Coordinate with
owner/agents to respond to tenant inquiries or complaints.
-Maintain -a high quality of customer service with clients.
- Maintain -documentation -in -company -software -system.
-Complete accurate data entry in Yardi, K Drive and client system
of record. Organize files as needed.
- Coordinate -people, -activities, and available resources in
order to maximize the successful operation each property.
-Professionally develop -and support -property team members to
maximize performance. -Assist other staff members and provide staff
coverage if needed.
- Work -with the upper management on company's objectives -and
-annual budget. -Work with -corporate leadership to determine
property operating objectives and plans to achieve them.
- Educate program participants, agencies, and the public -about
-affordable housing regulations, policies, and procedures.
-Participate in ongoing meetings with clients. MARGINAL DUTIES &
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, -including
-weekends or evenings.
- May be required to coordinate and negotiate inter-departmental
activities or requests such as grant proposal preparation, internal
and external audits, etc.
- May be required to travel between agency facilities. REQUIRED
SKILLS:To perform the job successfully, applicants should
demonstrate the following skills.
- Knowledge of affordable housing and supportive housing
management principles and regulatory requirements. -Knowledge of
Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC).
- Ability to -coordinate complex administrative -work
- Ability to act independently -and make decisions.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally
and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships -with staff, clients, landlords and tenants.
- Ability to effectively manage and respond to emotionally
difficult interpersonal and professional situations requiring tact
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with -Microsoft Office
-applications. Intermediate Excel skills required. Ability to learn
how to use other software and applications. REQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS: Education Bachelor's Degree -(BA) -required.
Master's -Degree -in Real Estate preferred. Certificates/Licenses
Assisted Housing Manager (AHM) or Certified Occupancy Specialist
-(COS) required. -Leasing license required. Experience 3+ -years of
residential property management or administration of federal or
government subsidies. Your generous gift will help individuals, who
may have lost their way, get back on the right path at A Safe
Haven. A Safe Haven now accepts STOCK DONATIONS. Please click below
and help to end homelessness
Keywords: A Safe Haven Foundation, Chicago , Compliance Property Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!