Lead Accountant - Billing & Collections
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job ID: LPP-1049677
This position is responsible for leading accountants and accounting
clerks; responsible for workflow management, coaching and feedback,
training, and employee development; providing input to goal
setting, hiring/selection, and performance reviews. Overseeing the
department's daily and weekly accounting activities and ensuring
billing and balancing issues get resolved. Overseeing critical
processes such as delinquency monitoring, settlements, renewals,
claims exceptions, and sub ledger and general ledger entries.
Reviewing accuracy of account setup for billing new ASO accounts.
Reviewing weekly and monthly billing and settlement credit and
debit adjustments before entry. Reviewing and approving journal
entries and account reconciliations. Documenting new processes and
procedures and recommending and implementing process improvements.
Providing training for new employees in department function and
- Bachelor's degree in Business.
- 3 years' accounting experience.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus
- Employee development, work management, and motivation
- Clear, concise oral and written communication, with good
grammar and word choice, matched to the audience.
- Self motivated/self starter.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Accounting Degree.
- Customer service experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with delinquency and collection policies.
- Knowledge of alternative funding products.
- Knowledge of billing and BARS setup for ASO products.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, BARS, RBY, BlueChip, G/L, Blue Star
and VDR systems.
NOTE: this position will be based in CHICAGO - relocation is not
availabile, sponsorship will not be extended -
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing
equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and
applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free
and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background
investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Accounting / Finance Job Type Full-Time Regular Location
IL - Chicago
Keywords: HCSC, Chicago , Lead Accountant - Billing & Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!