Executive Search Associate, Financial Services
Company: Heidrick & Struggles
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Heidrick & Struggles is a premier provider of executive search,
leadership assessment and development, organization and team
effectiveness, and culture shaping services globally. In our more
than 60 year history, we have conducted some of the most
high-profile C-suite and board-level searches in the world.
Today, we are working with our clients across 29 countries to help
them accelerate their performance and respond with agility to new
opportunities and challenges in every industry. We continue to
raise the bar in serving our clients as trusted leadership
advisors, and we are also providing an expanded range of
data-driven, tech-enabled tools and platforms across our executive
search and consulting businesses.
Managing top talent isn't just our business. It's our passion, and
we are committed to investing in and developing the careers of our
We look for people with experience from a variety of industries and
diverse educational backgrounds who are passionate about partnering
with innovative and influential organizations and share our
commitment to our purpose - to help our clients change the world,
one leadership team at a time.
If you're ready to start or grow your career with us, learn more
about our available opportunities at our website.
The Associate will partner with and assist the Consultant in all
aspects of the search process including: business development
initiatives; managing the execution and direction of research;
search strategy development; position specification development;
candidate development; candidate interviews, assessment and
presentation; referencing; and client management. An integral part
of an Associate's role is relationship management - networking and
building strong relationships with senior executives (as potential
candidates or clients) and assessing executives against the
The Associate role is a highly visible role with excellent career
track potential. Specific responsibilities include:
- Gathers information from Client/Consultant, industry research
and sources to gain comprehensive understanding of the Client
Company, industry and the position requirements.
- Assists consultant to develop position specification and a
focused search strategy. Continually refines search strategy based
on market or client feedback.
- Researches and identifies prospective candidates through
targeted company research, industry sources, relevant prior
searches and internal sources.
- Places calls to prospective candidates and sources to elicit
interest in the opportunity, obtain referrals, and/or collect
- Conducts phone interviews to qualify prospective candidates
against position requirements and key competencies.
- Presents qualified candidates to the consultant.
- May assist consultant in conducting in-depth interviews to
further assess qualifications and fit to position
- May assist consultant in writing candidate assessments for
presentation to the Client.
- Maintains progress reports/status reports/market feedback
reports for presentation to consultant and Client.
- Builds strong relationships and good rapport with candidates
and sources and stays aware of talent in the marketplace.
- Maintains the accuracy, quality and integrity of all search
information in the Heidrick & Struggles proprietary
- Keeps consultant up to date on relevant trends and challenges
in the marketplace with regard to business development activities
and general market intelligence.
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years' experience in a
business environment. Research experience is a definite
- An undergraduate degree is required. An M.B.A. or other
relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Identify market trends and researching information effectively
through various channels.
- Able to analyze business information and organize multiple
points and large amounts of data into concise targeted information
- Ability to develop strong relationships to build an industry
- Personal and business maturity that leads to confident and
rational business decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to develop
well-planned strategies and achieve goals within tight
- Comfortable and competent using technology in a business
- Can leverage the consultant in his/her search work and is
comfortable and competent with client contact.
- Ability to manage a demanding search load, balance multiple
tasks and switch gears while maintaining priorities.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, persuasive and able
to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward,
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and
project management skills.
- Possesses the ability to maintain professionalism and honesty
while building credibility, trust, and respect with both internal
and external clients and customers.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond traditional
methods to exceed client's expectations.
- Curious by nature.
- A team orientation will be a valuable addition to a collegial,
- Proactive and self-motivated. Action bias with a strong sense
- Tenacious: does not give up until results are
- Strong intellectual capacity: a continuous learner, highly
analytical, good conceptual thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented without losing track of the big
- Personal maturity and good judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to
hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age,
sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military
status, or citizenship status.
Keywords: Heidrick & Struggles, Chicago , Executive Search Associate, Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!