Senior, Internal Auditor
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The Senior, Internal Audit helps lead the Company's Internal Audit
mission to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory
services designed to add value and improve the Company's
operations. The Senior, Internal Audit will work with a broad range
of constituents to assess risk, develop and execute audit plans
across a variety of risk areas (e.g., financial reporting,
operations, compliance, information technology, etc.). The Senior,
Internal Audit will assist the Senior Manager, Internal Audit and
Director, Internal Audit with the Company's internal audit
methodology and quality standards and coordinate work with the
co-sourced internal audit staff and external auditors. This
position helps to evaluate and maintain a strong control
- Coordinates internal audit activities with management, process
owners, and co-sourced internal audit staff.
- Assists with evaluating the status of audit findings and
management action plans, including remediation and validation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with process owners and
management across the organization.
- Understands and has the ability to apply accounting and audit
- Conducts internal audit work of a moderately complex nature
involving a high degree of problem-solving.
- Develops work products, including audit analyses,
correspondence, memoranda, and other work paper support that
documents the engagement procedures performed, findings, and the
results of those procedures.
- Assesses internal and IT controls operations and compliance
with policies and procedures.
- Participates in communication and status updates to management
and the process owners.
- Works with the audit team in the development of creative,
practical, and cost-effective management recommendations.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports and presentation of
reports and related audit findings to management and process
- Assists in the testing and evaluation of internal controls over
financial reporting in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley Section
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or advanced Finance degree.
- CPA or CIA preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience; public
accounting/audit experience and/or experience in a public company
internal audit function.
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of pharmaceutical
business processes and systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and execution of
audit plans and activities and the development and operation of
- Strong business acumen.
- Advanced skills working with accounting and financial reporting
software as well as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and exercise good judgment
in a fast-paced, rigorous environment is required.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to take complex financial and
other data and present it clearly and concisely to management.
- Knowledge of data analytical tools (i.e., Alteryx) to create
reports and perform continuous monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson
(currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully
vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the
Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide
medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Chicago , Senior, Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Wilmette, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!