Senior Trust Officer
Company: Charles Schwab
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Type: Regular Your Opportunity The Senior Trust Officer
is responsible for developing and managing relationships with trust
beneficiaries, and other interested parties for an assigned book of
business consisting of large family relationships within the
Personal Trust Services Division. The Senior Trust Officer serves
as a mentor & coach to Trust Officers. The Senior Trust Officer
assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well
as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the
context of their responsibilities. Workplace Flexibility Program:
We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that
allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that s in the
office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the
office or at home based on their preference
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees
will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending
some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best
for them, with additional flexibility available based on their
role, business needs, and individual circumstances. Subject to
change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment
in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our
employees. What you are good at ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Ensure each trust account is administered in accordance with
applicable laws, regulations, and the terms of the governing
- Help mentor and coach other Trust Officers on the team.
- Personally administer an assigned book of complex and/or high
touch personal trust accounts.
- Interpret legal documents to ensure that each trust in their
assigned book of accounts is administered in accordance with the
terms of each governing instruments.
- Maintain high client service levels through prompt research and
responsiveness to trust beneficiaries and other centers of
- Present discretionary memorandums for review and approval of
the Discretionary Distributions Committee.
- Document directed distributions for the administrative file and
for internal review.
- Provide notice of termination for terminating trusts and
process related termination efforts in accordance with
- Administrative procedure.
- Respond to initial inquiries from Schwab advisors, third party
contacts, and private individuals regarding both current and future
- Ensure proper receipt of and accounting for miscellaneous
assets in established trust accounts.
- Perform Post Acceptance and Annual administrative account
reviews for assigned accounts.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Provide training and support to the Administrative Team in
coordination with the Director of Trust Administration. What you
- 10+ years of experience in personal trust administration
- Bachelor s degree or higher, CTFA preferred, or equivalent work
- Strong knowledge of the principles of trust administration and
practical experience in administering trusts governed by Nevada
law, a plus
- Experience with Inherited IRAs and Trusteed IRAs, a plus
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to handle
multiple priorities without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the
ability to deal effectively with a variety of people
- Highly motivated and a self starter Why work for us? Own Your
Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our
employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our
employees get to play a central role in reinventing a
multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way
to build and manage wealth.Benefits: A competitive and flexible
package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a
competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most
of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore
further .Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity
Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that
is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy. Schwab is
an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial
and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable
accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources
at or call .TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People
Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all
protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
Keywords: Charles Schwab, Chicago , Senior Trust Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Medinah, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!