Donor Advisor, Planned Giving
Company: Amber Kinetics
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Alzheimer's Association National Office is looking for a
dynamic, experienced professional to cultivate, solicit and steward
planned gifts from individuals and families. We seek a candidate
based in a major metropolitan market, preferably in the Western
United States. The ideal candidate will have experience and success
in cultivating and securing a variety of planned gifts including
gifts of complexity and gifts from high net-worth individuals and
families. The ideal candidate will also have experience in
qualifying and cultivating planned giving prospect leads from a
national direct marketing and planned giving marketing program.
This position reports to the Director, Planned Giving.Position
- Proactively and strategically manages an assigned planned
giving portfolio and assigned planned giving prospects.
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards planned gifts
through personalized contact including phone calls, correspondence
and personal visits with assigned donors according to moves
- Responds to planned gift leads moved to you for follow-up.
- Using assigned planned giving software, prepare gift
illustrations and proposals for charitable gift annuities and other
planned giving opportunities, prepare written materials such as
visit strategies/briefings, correspondence, solicitation/proposal
and pledge documents.
- Collaborates with major gift donor advisors to provide planned
giving expertise in support of planned giving opportunities from
major gift prospects and donors.
- Collaborates with chapter staff as assigned to qualify,
cultivate and steward planned gifts.
- Assists in delivering Founders Society benefits and stewardship
- Participates in donor events as assigned.
- Assists in implementation of a national planned giving program
within assigned area.
- Contributes to the assessment and enhancement of the national
planned giving program.
- Assists with creating and managing planned giving budget for
- Integrate fully onto the team - adding strategic value to the
existing planned giving efforts. Actively implements a deeper and
expanded planned giving program in assigned markets.
- Maintain strong and accurate records of activities, as directed
by team protocol using the national database.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on progress and outcomes against
agreed upon goals.
- Adhere to professionalism and fundraising best practices as
demonstrated by moves management industry standards and
- Handle other planned giving responsibilities as
- Demonstrated success in personal cultivation, solicitation,
stewardship and closing of planned gifts.
- 3-5 years minimum required experience in planned giving
- Experience in and basic understanding of a variety of planned
giving vehicles, current trends in philanthropy and estate and
financial planning for individuals including tax implications of
- Experience with planned giving software such as Crescendo or PG
Calc is preferred
- Excellent, persuasive, and diplomatic communicator - in person,
over the phone, and in writing - with the ability to prepare
proposals, briefing materials, reports, and correspondence.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills. Highly
creative/innovative with abilities to persuade and motivate
- Strong organizational skills with ability to analyze data and
information to drive strategic development of portfolio - includes
the evidenced ability to research donor database and historic
giving for planned giving potential.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently on complex donor
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to listen,
observe and interact well with diverse individuals and groups.
- Results oriented with ability to focus on and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Team leader and team player with ability to work
collaboratively with chapter and national staffand volunteers.
- High integrity and professionalism, respecting the confidential
nature of donor information and the Alzheimer's Association's
- Must be available for evening and weekend work as required, and
able to travel as needed, up to 50% of the time, including
- Bachelor's degree required. CFRE or advanced degree a
plus.Position Location: Chicago, IL or RemoteFull time based on
37.5 hours per weekPosition Grade: 510; estimatedsalary range:
$85,400 - $113,000Reports To: Director, Planned GivingWho We
Are:The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health
organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission
is to lead the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia- by
accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early
detection, and maximizing quality care and support.At the
Alzheimer's Association, our employees are at the core of all we
do. Our network of more than 1,900 employees across the United
States makes a difference each and every day for those impacted by
Alzheimer's and those at risk for the disease.We warmly invite
qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a
life-changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer's, their
caregivers and those that may develop the disease in the future.
Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website
www.alz.org/jobs to explore who we are and why we've been
recognized as a Best Place to Work for the last twelve years in a
row.Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a
comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision,
flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, long
term care insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous Paid Time Off,
12 annual holidays and Paid Family Leave, as well as an annual
Cultural & Heritage Day and Volunteer Day of their choosing. They
are also eligible for our gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.Full
time employees (37.5 hours/week), will enjoy all of the above plus
an annual School Visitation Day and an Elder Care Facility Day of
their choosing.The Alzheimer's Association is committed to
diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides
consideration for an employment relationship without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin,
ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Amber Kinetics, Chicago , Donor Advisor, Planned Giving, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!