Collections Specialist, Shared Services
Company: Prairie Material
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Summary: Under the direction of the Credit Manager, this
position is responsible for performing tasks involving the
collections of delinquent accounts, resolving and reconciling
customer account discrepancies, and processing invoice adjustments
among other duties that may be assigned.Key Job Functions:1.
- Review customer aging report and contact customers with
- Update account notes daily in SAP with status of payment,
- Collect NSF checks per the established procedures.
- Prepare and scan customer's payments for bank deposit.
- Process credit card payments.
- Prepare and mail monthly statements.
- Contact customer if invoice was short paid to gather necessary
information to determine the need for an adjustment.
- Obtain back up from customer as needed to document invoice
- Follow up on adjustments until written off.
- Process waiver requests.2. Sales Liaison
- Regularly review accounts with sale representatives to discuss
collection issues.3. Miscellaneous
- Verify tax exemption certificates and update projects in
Command. Request certificates from customers as needed.
- Assist fellow Shared Services team members as needed.
- Performs functions such as copying, faxing and filing as needed
by the department.
- Upon request, prepares Experian reports of current accounts for
analysis for credit limit increases, payment term extensions and
annual reviews done by management.
- Supports management with new customer review and setup.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree and/or equivalent combination of education
- 3-5 years' experience performing similar collection/accounting
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and
aptitude for figures.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate (verbal and
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and to learn and adapt
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Requires thinking within well-defined, somewhat diversified,
procedures with many precedents covering most situations and/or
readily available assistance.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Prairie Material, Chicago , Collections Specialist, Shared Services, Accounting, Auditing , Bridgeview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...