Posted on: May 28, 2023
You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have
the leadership to help you get there. - At CNA, we strive to create
a culture in which people know they matter and are part of
something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are
used to their fullest potential. - CNA seeks to offer a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees
that helps them - and their family members - achieve their
physical, financial, emotional and social wellbeing goals.
For a detailed look at CNA's benefits, check out our Candidate's
Guide . Job Summary
We are looking for a driven tax professional who will support tax
accounting and reporting throughout the income tax life cycle.
Responsibilities include preparing tax provision computations and
disclosures, identification of process efficiencies, and supporting
tax data and analytics. This role provides an opportunity to
collaborate with different areas of the tax division and will have
exposure to tax leadership.JOB DESCRIPTION:Essential Duties &
- Prepares income tax provision calculations, including utilizing
software to calculate tax provisions, preparing journal entries,
tracking deferred tax inventory, preparing analytics on tax
results, and analyzing tax account rollforwards.
- Prepares tax analytic schedules and collaborates with team to
communicate results to tax leadership.
- Supports other tax life cycles, including federal, state, and
premium tax return preparation.
- Provides a fresh perspective on tax provision processes and
identifies potential improvements, including the use of tax
technology and automation, where applicable.
- Supports tax technology initiatives focused on the development
and enhancement of processes.
- Collaborates with Tax Division peers to address tax issues and
meet organizational objectives.
- Participates in the assessment of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles and Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income
Taxes (ASC 740) and Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles
No. 101 (SSAP 101) impacts on tax law and accounting standard
- Stays current on trends and developments on income tax
accounting and reporting guidance, as applicable to the insurance
industry.Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of ASC 740. Working knowledge of SSAP 101 is
- Working knowledge of C Corporation taxation in general,
including experience with newly enacted legislation. Exposure to
insurance taxation a plus.
- Curious mindset, courage to ask questions. Solid tax research
- Solid computer skills with a focus toward automated solutions
and improved operational outcomes. Corptax software experience is a
plus, in addition to Workday general ledger platform
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, with the ability
to effectively describe tax issues.
- Results oriented with the ability to solve problems and work
independently and/or in a team environment, demonstrating strong
- Solid organizational and planning skills.Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. Master of Science in Taxation
degree is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred or in
- Minimum 3-5 years of public or corporate tax experience.
Exposure to Insurance Industry is a plus.#LI-MR1#LI-HYBRID CNA is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process. To
request an accommodation, please contact
email@example.com . 0:00 -/ - 1:56 About UsAt CNA, we are
focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride
ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages
people. We strive to connect people, departments and business
areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and
communities with professionalism and respect.Our dedication to
employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of
ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined
with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market
opportunities and build on our success.Our values, culture and
financial strength are what differentiates us from other employers
and make CNA the place you want to work.Diversity, Equity &
InclusionCNA is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive
culture grounded in equity that supports our organization, clients,
and communities by prioritizing talent and programs that represent
our current environment and empower all employees and partners to
be active allies and advocates for equality. Globally, our Employee
Resource Groups - Advocacy for Visible & Invisible Disabilities
(AVID), Asian Professionals for Excellence (APEX), Empowering Black
Professionals (EBP), Generational Perspectives (GP), Organization
of Hispanics and Latine Americanos ( -OHLA!), Pride, Women
Impacting Leadership (WIL) and Veterans - make CNA, and our
communities, even stronger.Corporate Social ResponsibilityAt CNA,
we have a long standing commitment to the diverse communities in
which we live and work. We actively make a difference for the
greater good through partnerships, sustainability, initiatives, and
working together for a better tomorrow. Corporate Social
Responsibility is not one person, or one department, it's the
entire enterprise coming together to make the world a better
Keywords: CNA, Chicago , Tax Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...