Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Title: Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Chicago, IL
Hiring Manager: Senior Director of Finance
Ocient is a hyperscale data analytics software company
headquartered in Chicago, IL, enabling organizations to analyze
trillions to quadrillions of data records in seconds. Over the past
five years, Ocient has built a SQL compliant data warehouse for
Petabyte and beyond datasets that is 10x to 50x times faster than
competitive OLAP databases.
Our ideal candidate has high moral standards and takes pride in
maintaining exceptional internal controls and designing efficient
processes. You are a dedicated team player, extremely organized,
detail oriented, and look to make a footprint in the development of
long-term scalable processes. You are able to work very
independently and are able to adapt and develop processes as the
business evolves and matures.
- Liaising with heads of departments, executive suite and other
key leadership figures.
- Lead financial and strategic planning for individual
departments and the wider organization.
- Work with sales to develop bookings, revenue, and cash
- Lead and build annual budgets and forecasts for different
departments and consolidate into one master budget.
- Develop and track key financial metrics for SaaS
- Analyzing past financial performance, preparing competitor
analysis, and examining market trends along with commentary for
- Lead and create financial models to predict growth and forecast
- Analyzing monthly budgets and forecasts and performing variance
analysis to explain discrepancies.
- Evaluating new and existing projects, investments, and assets
to determine their validity and appraise their value.
- Recommending improvements and use of financing structures such
as debt and equity when appropriate.
- Reviews analysis results, develops insightful suggestions for
investment, sourcing, cost reduction and leads strategic business
- Lead financial aspects of the planning cycle: Strategic Plan
(STRAP), Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Prepare board of directors and investor materials as
- Proactively collaborate, influence and align with corporate
planning and overall company strategy.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree in related field (Accounting, Business,
- 10+ years inFinancial Planning & Analysis.
- Experience in managing large sets of data and building complex
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable presenting and driving meetings with executives and
other key leadership figures.
- Startup experience a must.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, autonomous, and
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced,
- Commitment to excellence and efficiency.
- Familiarity with GAAP.
Keywords: Ocient, Chicago , Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!