Chief Financial Officer
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Company: Connie's Pizza
Work Location:3520 S Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60609
Summary:Connie's Pizza is looking for a Chief Financial Officer
with a blend of strategic and tactical capabilities. This person
will be the "second in command" to the president, helping to run
the business effectively and profitably. They should be able to
understand the workflow of the company in order to produce
insightful financial analysis and identify opportunities for
- Manage 2 direct reports in accounting and human
- Guide financial decisions by preparing and analyzing accounting
records, financial statements, and other financial reports to
assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial
commitments, and obligations to project future revenues, identify
cost-saving opportunities, and provide advice.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and
reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory
requirements are met.
- Oversee all aspects of insurance, benefits, and casualty
programs, including monitoring changes in health insurance
regulations and creating budgets for benefits and worker's
- Ensure inventory and labor costs are tracked and reported
- Maintain ERP system, configuring and making changes as
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and
accounting systems, making use of current computer
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance
with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures
for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit
management, and accounting.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and
procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current
- 10+ years' experience in accounting or finance, preferably in
the restaurant industry.
- 5+ years' experience in a Director, Controller, or Management
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance.
- Familiarity with Cost Accounting and GAAP. CPA
- Experience using ERP, POS, and accounting systems such as
Quickbooks and Compact
- Experience overseeing Human Resources including
- Experience working for a smaller company with a blend of
tactical and higher-level responsibilities.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with high detail
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the
ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- On occasion must be able to commute to other locations.
About Connie's Pizza:
Operating since 1963, Connie's Pizza is Chicago's best kept secret
for delicious Italian dishes and of course, pizza. With over 250
employees, we operate two restaurants, cater, sell pizzas online,
and run booths at many Chicagoland festivals.
Our flagship location, which holds our corporate offices, is on
Archer Avenue just minutes from the Loop. We can accommodate over
500 people between our indoor and outdoor space. Our second
restaurant is in McCormick Place, serving tasty food to hungry
conference and event attendees.
Keywords: Bravent, Chicago , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!