Senior Data Engineer
Company: Above Lending, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Above Lending is a next-generation financial services company.
We provide simple and transparent products aimed at helping our
clients achieve their personal finance goals. With competitive
rates and personalized support, our mission is to simplify the
lending process and help borrowers attain financial well-being. We
are committed to making credit more affordable and accessible.About
the Role: The Senior Data Engineer will report to the Head of Data
Engineering and is considered a subject matter expert responsible
for collecting, managing, and converting raw data into information
that can be interpreted by data scientists, analysts, and business
partners. The role will collaborate cross-functionally with Credit,
Strategy & Operations, and Engineering teams to deliver high
quality data products, reporting, and novel, actionable insights
that contribute to meeting company ultimate goal is trustworthy,
accessible data, which enables the organization to utilize data for
observable metrics, feedback, and decision making.The ideal
candidate will be a results-driven, strategic thinker able to
thrive in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment, with strong skills
in SQL, Python, and data manipulation.You will:
- Work diligently to possess a deep understanding of Above's data
in multiple systems, including how the data is produced and used by
- Responsible for the lifecycle of data pipelines from raw data
sources to certified analytics.
- Create tests, troubleshoot failures, and ensure data quality
for various data ingestion and transformation jobs.
- Create and support automated deployments and testing where
needed, in accordance with CI/CD best practices.
- Support the governance process of ensuring all stakeholders are
congruent on the meaning of the data, actively working on
documentation and metric definitions.
- Design and implement the logic for both ad-hoc reporting, and
for curated reporting tables and transformations.
- Analyze data and deliver actionable recommendations to improve
customer acquisition, performance, and retention.
- Iterate data modeling efforts and provide technical guidance to
our software engineering teams on best data practices.
- Drive our analytical dataset modeling, building new solutions
to accommodate business needs while iterating existing
- Provide thought leadership on data projects that will drive the
business for the next 3-5 years.
- Maintain data operations posture to provide guidance to
software engineering in regards to data changes.
- Mentor and guide junior level engineers through various
approaches such as paired development, design & code review, and
- Design and build feedback loops to enable the collection of
technical metrics to further us as a data-driven organization.You
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in information systems, computer
science, analytics, mathematics or similar discipline, or
- 5+ years professional experience in a data engineering role,
including experience building, maintaining, testing, and
troubleshooting complex data pipelines.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and Python is required with the
ability to demonstrate and provide examples of successful
- Familiarity and/or working experience with at least two of the
following: Airflow, Tableau, Fivetran, Snowflake, Snowpark, and/or
DBT is also required; with most or all being preferred.
- Demonstrated ability with data modeling concepts is
- Experience working with various data types such as JSON, XML,
delimited, etc is desired.
- Ability to lead projects and interact with business
stakeholders to properly scope deliverables is preferred.
- Prior experience in Strategy Consulting, Financial Services, or
Start-up environments, preferred.
- Willingness to learn and grow as the company expands, and to
teach and mentor other members of the team.What we offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive base pay
- Bonus opportunities
- Flexible personal time-off
- 401(K) matchJoin our dynamic team and contribute to Above
Lending's success as we continue to provide innovative lending
solutions to our customers.Under the California Consumer Privacy
Act ("CCPA"), Above Lending is informing California residents who
are our job applicants, contractors or prospective employees
(together "job applicants") about the categories of personal
information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will
important information relating to the CCPA and apply only to
personal information that is subject to the CCPA. Please see our
website for the full CCPA statement.*Above Lending is an equal
opportunity Employer*Above Lending does not accept unsolicited
resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting
agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their
parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Above Lending
employees or the Above Lending Finance and HR teams. No placement
fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been
made by the Above Lending HR team.
Keywords: Above Lending, Inc., Chicago , Senior Data Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!