Analyst 2, Finance
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Analyst 2, Finance Finance and Accounting Oak Brook, IL,Chicago,
IL Apply Now Job Type Full Time Team Finance and Accounting Pub.
Date 09/13/23 WHO WE ARE Comcast brings together the best in media
and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best
entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we
set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses
and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations
and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an
amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring
cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of
customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our
vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future
in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at
Comcast. JOB DESCRIPTION Job SummaryThe Analyst II position
presents an exciting opportunity to unveil useful insights to
senior leadership through financial analysis and aesthetic
reporting. An individual will thrive if they are meticulous with a
strong work ethic. They will enjoy the role if they desire avenues
to channel their creativity and provide outstanding solutions to
financial problems. Organization and logic will be critical in
providing business performance analysis, modeling, and forecasting
as a catalyst in the FP&A organization.Job Description Core
- Hybrid role - 4 days in office (3 days at Oak Brook location,
one day at another GCR location), one day remote.
- Develop and effectively communicate the results of variance
analyses and related reporting to senior leadership.
- Monitor forecast/budget adherence and own processes requiring a
deep understanding of business activity.
- Conduct financial research, analyze financial performance
against objectives and determine emerging financial trends.
- Build financial models with KPI (operational and financial)
outputs to determine feasibility and provide mentorship to
- Dissect large data sets and convert insights into easily
consumable predictive models and dashboards.
- Drive automation and alliances through entrepreneurial
solutions and/or technical solutions.
- Must be proficient in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups,
- Fundamental Accounting knowledge is essential.
- Hyperion Essbase and Anaplan experience is a plus.Employees at
all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates
of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable
CertificationsCertified Public Accountant (CPA) - American
Institute of Certified Public Accountants - American Institute of
Certified Public AccountantsEducationBachelor's Degree, Bachelor's
Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Bachelor's DegreeWhile possessing the
stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants
who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have
extensive related professional experience.Relevant Work
Experience2-5 YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that
Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their
work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the
terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are
eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class
Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the
support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for
those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options,
expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet
the needs of your reality - to help support you physically,
financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your
everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary
on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Chicago , Analyst 2, Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!