Partner State and Local Tax
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Join an AmLaw 100 firm. Exceptional work cultureThis Jobot Job
is hosted by: Eric O'NeilAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking
the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $350,000 -
$500,000 per yearA bit about us:Seeking PartnerWhy join us?We
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Exceptional work culture
- Opportunity to join a AmLaw 100 firmJob DetailsWe are seeking a
dynamic and experienced State and Local Tax Partner to join our
thriving legal team. This role is an extraordinary opportunity for
a seasoned tax professional who is passionate about tax law and has
a proven track record in state and local tax litigation. The
successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-level
tax consulting services to our diverse client base, including
advising on state and local tax laws, representing clients in tax
disputes, and planning and implementing effective tax
- Provide expert advice on state and local tax laws and
regulations to a diverse client base.
- Represent clients in state and local tax disputes, including
audits, appeals, and litigation.
- Develop and implement effective tax strategies to minimize tax
liability and ensure compliance with state and local tax laws.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous research on complex tax
- Collaborate with team members to deliver comprehensive tax
solutions that meet clients' business needs.
- Stay abreast of changes in state and local tax laws and
regulations, and educate clients and team members on these
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients,
regulatory authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the firm's thought leadership by writing
articles, speaking at conferences, and participating in other
professional development activities.Qualifications:
- JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the state bar.
- 10+ years of experience in state and local tax law, preferably
in a law firm or consulting firm.
- Proven track record in state and local tax litigation.
- In-depth knowledge of state and local tax laws and
- Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to explain complex tax issues in clear, non-technical
- Strong negotiation skills, with a track record of achieving
favorable outcomes for clients in tax disputes.
- High level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to staying up-to-date with changes in tax laws and
- Willingness to contribute to the firm's thought leadership and
professional development activities.Interested in hearing more?
Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Chicago , Partner State and Local Tax, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!