Finance Administration Manager
Company: College of Charleston
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Location: Chicago, IL Job Description:
- Manages the Department finance professional staff to ensure
that the financial needs of the Department are being met.
- Oversees the annual operating and clinical revenue budgets
processes, working in collaboration with BSD Finance and
- Provides monthly accruals and budget variance, including
variance summaries and explanations.
- Oversees the production and maintenance of the monthly
financial statements, reports, recharge revenue reconciliation, and
clinical revenue trends.
- Liaison with Research Administration and Clinical Trials teams
to reconcile research accounts, including grant accounts, effort
reporting, and cost transfers.
- Oversees the compliance with University financial policies,
internal controls, and internal audit recommendations, including
updating Department fiscal policies, and educating faculty and
staff on changes.
- Responsible for gift and endowment accounts.
- Participates in BSD capital and procurement processes including
- High proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, Budgeting,
Microsoft Office --" specifically Excel, and business systems
(Oracle, SAP/BW, Workday as examples).
- Manages the development, monitoring, and evaluation of a
consolidated annual and intermediate (typically three to five year)
budget plan and budget process for a unit, as well as actual
performance against budget.
- Manages the preparation of financial statements, activity
reports, financial position forecasts, and/or reports required by
- Manages the preparation of audits and value-add financial
analysis. Advises senior management on financial reporting
- Performs other related work as needed. Preferred Qualifications
- MBA, MHA, or advanced degree finance, accounting, or related
field strongly preferred. Experience:
- Experience in finance, budgeting, and analysis.
- Experience personnel management with direct reports.
- Applicable experience in a University or a not-for-profit
- Previous managerial or supervisory experience.
- Previous experience managing external and/or remote staff.
- Previous Revenue Cycle Experience.
- Previous Epic experience.
- Experience in Radiology Coding strongly preferred. Preferred
- Knowledge of financial computing and database software
- Knowledge of various financial principles, practices, and
applications including budgeting, financial planning, and financial
- Experience with accounting systems and budget systems required
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Financial modeling experience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships at all
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues for
- Demonstrated time management ability to deliver high-integrity
products within established deadlines.
- Ability to be a proactive and assertive problem-solver.
- Strong upward and downward management skills.
- Prior direct supervisory experience. Working Conditions
- Office based with hybrid availability - The individual hired
into this position will be required to have an in-person presence
for a minimum of three days per week and remote two days per week.
- $95K - $120K Application Documents
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required) The University of Chicago is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin,
age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the
law. For additional information please see the University's Notice
of Nondiscrimination. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable
accommodation to complete the application process should call
773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
(Report) provides information about University offices and programs
that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency
response and communications plans, and other policies and
information. The Report can be accessed online at:
securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are
available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police
Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Keywords: College of Charleston, Chicago , Finance Administration Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!