Manager Engagement/IT Product Manager - DAS ERM ITS as a Customer and Office of General Counsel
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as
Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information
Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support
Manager Engagement/IT Product Manager - DAS ERM ITS as a Customer
and Office of General Counsel
Preferred Locations: Hermitage, Dallas, Chicago
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a
community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and
courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to
learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's
Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long
learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Product Manager has content authority for the Program Backlog.
They are responsible for identifying Customer needs, prioritizing
Features, guiding the work through the Program Kanban and
developing the program Vision and Roadmap. They are focused on
delivering the right solutions to customers with the highest
quality in the shortest sustainable lead time. They are responsible
for continuously defining, prioritizing, and validating
requirements. Working closely with development, in short,
integrated learning cycles, the Product Manager brings the voice of
the customer to the developers and the voice of development to the
customer. Additionally, they lead product strategy and vision
aligned with business and organizational needs.
- Understand customer needs and validate solutions: Act as the
internal voice of the customer for the Program and works with
customers and Product Owners to constantly understand and
communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the
- Understand and support portfolio work: Take responsibility to
understand the budget for the upcoming fiscal period, understand
how Strategic Themes influence the strategic direction, and work
with Epic Owners to develop the Lean business case for Epics that
affect their Program.
- Continuously develop and communicate vision to the development
teams: In collaboration with System and Solution
Architect/Engineering, they define and maintain the Features and
Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) to help ensure that the solution
meets relevant standards and other system quality requirements.
Responsible for the roadmap, which illustrates, at a high level,
how features are intended to be implemented over time.
- Manage and prioritize the flow of work: Manage the flow of work
through the program Kanban and into the program backlog.
Responsible for making sure that there are enough features ready in
the backlog at all times, including Feature acceptance criteria
that can be used to establish that it meets its Definition of Done
(DoD). Ensures the backlog is reprioritized before each Program
Increment (PI) Planning session.
- Participate in Program Increment planning: Present the vision,
which highlights the proposed features of the solution, along with
any relevant upcoming Milestones. Participate and collaborate with
Business Owners for the train, with the responsibility of approving
Objectives and establishing business value.
- Define releases and program increments: Responsible for release
definition, including new features, architecture, and allocations
for technical debt. Defines the series of Program Increments and
releases, whose definition and business objectives are also
determined by collaboration with Business Owners and others on the
Product Management team. Work with release management and Business
Owners to decide when enough value has been accrued to warrant a
release to the customer.
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to understand Enabler
work: Responsible to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler
work and to work with System and Solution Architect/Engineering
establish a capacity allocation for technical work, and to assist
with decision-making and sequencing of the technological
infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Participate in demos and Retrospective meetings: Be an active
participant in biweekly System Demos, including the aggregate one
at the end of the PI. Participate in the assessment of Metrics,
including evaluation of business value achieved versus plan, and
are actively participate in the inspect and adapt workshop.
- Understand customer need through constant interaction with the
customer, including end-user interviews and surveys, brainstorming,
trade studies and market research.
- Document requirements that include a high-level vision,
constant product and backlog refinement and informal direct
communication with teams.
- Responsible to create a schedule of continuous near-term road
- Prioritize requirements by taking an economic view at every PI
boundary and performing a continuous scope triage.
- Validate requirements by attending PI demos and validating
acceptance criteria and fitness for purpose.
- Manage the delivery schedule through frequent releases whenever
there is enough value to the business.
- Manage changing business requirements, timelines, and needs
through consistent adjustment during Program Increment and
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's
largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy
cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte
operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built
on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The -2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or
qualifications. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large
web/enterprise applications needed.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and
provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and
- Experience interfacing with external software design and
development vendors preferred.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing
- Experience managing both internal teams and offshore vendor
teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a leadership
- Minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions
design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation
skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion
for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained
through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues
and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects
and clients; keeps product owners focused on short- and long-term
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with customers yet represent accurately the
perspective of Technology.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Limited Immigration sponsorship may be available
- Leading SAFe or other Scaled Agile certifications
- Experience managing Agile/Scrum projects
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or SAP application
Keywords: Deloitte, Chicago , Manager Engagement/IT Product Manager - DAS ERM ITS as a Customer and Office of General Counsel, Administration, Clerical , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!