Associate Editor - Disney Publishing Worldwide
Company: Disney Publishing Worldwide
Location: Oak Forest
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Disney Publishing Worldwide seeks a highly creative and
detail-oriented Associate Editor to work on a variety of Star Wars
and Twentieth Century Fox comics.
The position involves working closely with members of Lucasfilm
Publishing and Disney Publishing Worldwide including editorial,
global licensing, and creative operations teams, alongside
licensees, to closely review and ensure high quality,
age-appropriate comic books and graphic novels designed for fans of
Star Wars and the films of Twentieth Century Fox.
The Associate Editor will report to the Senior Editor of Lucasfilm
Publishing, a part of Disney Publishing Worldwide.
This position will be based in Orlando, FL
- Assist senior editorial staff in developing and publishing all
comic book and original graphic novel content, performing editorial
work-including manuscript reviews, line edits, editorial
letters-gathering reference, corresponding with other partners and
lines of business, etc.
- Oversees the pick-up of global and vertical assets by
- Assisting senior editorial staff on communications with
authors, agents, Disney Lucasfilm Press, Lucasfilm, Marvel
Entertainment, Marvel Studios, Twentieth Century Fox, and Disney
- Perform departmental administrative work, including maintaining
schedules and data records, requesting contracts, and assisting
- Builds and curates solid relationships with
authors/filmmakers/studio/licensees/artists/designers to create
high-quality Lucasfilm Press and Twentieth Century Fox content.
Basic Qualifications :
- Two plus years experience in an editorial role in the
- Exceptional reading, writing, and verbal communication
- Familiarity with the Star Wars films and television series
- Familiarity with the science fiction, fantasy, horror, and
related genres of the 20th Century Fox library of films and
- Experience with licensing preferred but not essential
- Experience with comic book editing/production
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite programs for print production
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Comfortable with learning and using bespoke online content
Additional Information :
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is one of the world's largest
publishing brands, igniting imagination through storytelling in
ever-inventive ways. As part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and
Products segment, DPW and its affiliates through its publishing
business bring the magic of The Walt Disney Company's powerful
brands and franchises, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars,
ESPN, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, to fans
everywhere. DPW, through its vertical publishing operations and
global licensing structure, creates and publishes best-selling
books, comics, magazines, learning and digital interactive
storytelling products, audio books, eBooks, and apps. DPW
publications and storytelling products are available in more than
70 countries in 45 languages.
This job is located in Orlando, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you
live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits,
educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can
provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Disney Publishing Worldwide, Chicago , Associate Editor - Disney Publishing Worldwide, Advertising , Oak Forest, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!