Grant Writer & Philanthropy Associate
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Positon: Grant Writer & Philanthropy Associate About Circle
Urban Ministries:Circle Urban Ministries is a community development
non-profit organization working to transform lives and transform
communities. A leader in holistic, trauma-driven intervention,
Circle embraces community-wide collaboration, and provides 5 core
areas that guide our intervention:
- Health and Wellness
- Community Development
- Crisis Intervention
- Racial ReconciliationWith a growing team 15+ staff and 50+
partner members, Circle Urban Ministries has rebuilt / renovated
more than 500 units across the Austin community and shared best
practices with many more organizations. Position Summary Circle's
Grants and Philanthropy Associate is a business development and
fundraising position reporting directly to the Chief Executive
Officer while working closely with the Director of Programs and
other team members to achieve annual and long-term fundraising
goals. Grants from national and local foundations make it possible
for Circle to give more families a predictable path to health and
wellness, and for Circle to build upstream solutions to problems
within the under-resourced Austin neighborhood. The Grants and
Philanthropy Associate is responsible for identifying new local and
national grant opportunities, writing proposals, and writing impact
reports to achieve aggressive revenue growth goals.Circle is
seeking a self-driven, resilient and resourceful professional who
is a compelling and effective writer. Previous grant writing
experience is required. This candidate must be experienced in
proficient and quick professional correspondence. Experience
working with progressive organizations is preferred. In addition to
grant research, writing and reporting, the Grants and Development
Associate, along with all members of the team, participate in
special projects and growth opportunities throughout the year.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5-10 years of
experience in professional grant writing and correspondence
- Proven ability to research new opportunities, foundation
alignment, and identify prospects that align with Circle's
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal
skills; ability to listen and assess the interests of various
audiences and communicate ideas in person or in writing in a clear
and articulate manner to compel individuals to action
- Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate an understanding
of ethics related to philanthropic activities, and to use
discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and
- Previous experience with fundraising or project management
software programs like Donorview, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge,
Foundation Center and/or etc.
- Self-starter and team player with energy, resourcefulness, and
a flexible mindset
- Flexibility to occasionally work in the evenings and/or on
weekends in order to support or attend meetings and events, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, social media, databases,
- Able to satisfactorily pass a Criminal History Check to include
sex offender registry, State Police, and FBI. Responsibilities
- Writing grants is the primary responsibility for the individual
in this role. This individual will work strategically with the
Chief Executive Officer and Director of Programs to achieve success
through new grant opportunities.
- Perform comprehensive research of grant opportunities through
traditional and non- traditional (creative and curious)
- Manage grant-related administrative processes including (but
not limited to) communicating new grants to appropriate Circle team
members, uploading all information to the organization database,
ensuring approved language is properly stored for organization-wide
use, flagging report due dates.
- Cultivate foundation relationships through timely impact
reports and regular touchpoints.
- Manage his/her grant portfolio.
- Support goals of the Philanthropy Department and Circle
leadership through miscellaneous projects such as fill-on
communications work and partnerships, as needed. Performance
Expectations Able to juggle multiple, competing priorities.
- Able to adjust to manage urgent needs, forthcoming deadlines
and quick turnarounds.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and curious.
- High level of personal accountability.
- Align work performance with Circle's core values.
- Top-notch written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong troubleshooting, analytical and
- Working knowledge of all facets of social media
- Superior work ethic and high energy level.
- Desire and ability to work, grow and learn in a startup
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of
- Demonstrate initiative and work as a team player.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding
the organization and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and
developmentCircle is building a diverse and experienced staff. The
organization encourages multiple perspectives and experiences,
supports a multicultural environment, and strives to hire and
retain a diverse workforce that reflects the populations we work
with and the community where we work. Our hiring and business
practices appreciate the strengths offered through different
backgrounds. Circle is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer and is committed to providing access, equal opportunity
and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status,
disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other
protected group or activity. It is the policy of Circle not to
discriminate against any individual, person, or group on the basis
of disability and the intent of Circle to address any complaints
that may arise pursuant to Section 504Apply for: Grant Writer &
Philanthropy Associate First name Last name Email address Phone
number Address Please add your resume
(10MB limit; .pdf, .doc, and .docx file types are accepted.) Resume
Please add your cover letter
(10MB limit; .pdf, .doc, and .docx file types are accepted.) Circle
Urban Ministries is a Community Development non-profit organization
working toward the day people in underserved communities have a
safe and healthy place to live, learn and play.
- Quick Links
- Who We Are?
- Donations Terms
- Contact Info
- 118 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL 60644, USA Thank you for your
interest in Circle Urban Ministries. Join us to receive the latest
events, updates, and news about our activity. Our door are always
Keywords: Circleurban, Chicago , Grant Writer & Philanthropy Associate, Advertising , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...