Director of Development, Eugene P. Jarvis College of Computing and Digital Media
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Director of Development is responsible for planning,
organizing, and executing a comprehensive major gift plan for the
Jarvis College of Computing and Digital Media at DePaul University,
as well as other emerging philanthropic priorities of the
University, as assigned. The Director's primary charge is to focus
on identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding
major gift prospects and donors. In addition to managing a
portfolio of high-level prospects for the College, the Director
will also inform strategy to strengthen support for the Jarvis
College of Computing and Digital Media's programs and initiatives
of DePaul. In addition to fundraising goals, the Director will be
responsible for meeting specific process targets designed to assure
a disciplined approach to building a successful major gift
What You'll Do:
- Directs the identification, qualification, solicitation, and
stewardship of major gifts prospects/donors of the Jarvis College
of Computing and Digital Media, as well as other philanthropic
initiatives of the University. Ensure that, over time, these areas
have enough qualified major gift prospects to achieve established
- Develops annual and long-range major gift solicitation plans
based on specific process targets and financial goals. -
- Advises and assists with initiatives at the request of the
Deans and/or the Assistant Vice President of Advancement.
Participates, to a reasonable extent, in university-wide activities
and initiatives, task forces, and committees; maintain a commitment
to ongoing professional development and education.
- This position is responsible for the expense against budget for
the fundraising budget for JCDM
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibility as a professional
fundraiser, ideally cultivating and soliciting major gifts
- Polished, professional demeanor and superior written and verbal
- Willingness to develop relationships with colleagues across all
areas of Advancement and the ability to work successfully with a
wide variety of colleagues throughout campus
- Enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, motivational ability,
and the ability to successfully interact with high net-worth
individuals and their families
- Ability to develop and organize long-term plans and execute
- A creative, entrepreneurial approach to working with academic
- Excellent personal presentation and superior communication
- Comfortable operating independently and taking initiative
within the context of team-based, collaborative
- Position requires some travel and occasional evening and
weekend work for events and donor meeting
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values
diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays,
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:Guided by an ethic of Vincentian
personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the
dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive
community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and
dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our
university mission to making education accessible to all, with
special attention to including underserved and underrepresented
communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where
ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures,
backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a
background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer
of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will
also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter
Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make
a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable
cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional
or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more
information, please visit the following pages:
- - - -DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any
other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local EEO laws.
Keywords: CareerArc, Chicago , Director of Development, Eugene P. Jarvis College of Computing and Digital Media, Advertising , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!