After School Children's Cooking Instructor
Company: Sticky Fingers Cooking
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Sticky Fingers Cooking - of Chicago, IL is looking to hire
part-time Chef Instructors to help us Cultivate COOLinary Curiosity
in Kids -!
- Are you ready to TURNIP the BEET on what KIDS EAT -?
- Are you looking for a fun, part-time job which offers a great
- Do you love the magical combination of children and
- Are you passionate about introducing kids to new ingredients
and exploring new tastes in the kitchen?
- Do you have a love for food and want to lead cooking classes
for children using our kid-tested and approved recipes?
If so, please read on and consider joining us in the kitchen!
This position pays a great starting wage of $60.00 per one-hour
class + food reimbursement. Choose which days work best for you
with an option to work holidays or weekends. School assignments
will be as close to your home/work as possible.
Our instructors bring the kitchen to the kids with our mobile
cooking kit that contains all the necessary equipment and tools.
Sticky Fingers Cooking - provides paid hands-on training and
- Availability at least 2 days a week (Monday - Friday, between
- Commitment to teaching full sessions (ranging from 4-12
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification (can obtain before
- Ability to manage and engage a group of 8-14 children with
diverse backgrounds and academic levels
- Upon hire, employees will be required to pass a fingerprint
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate with our team in a timely manner
- Punctual and reliable
- No professional cooking experience required
- Any experience working with kids is a plus!
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required by districts and
Let's TACO-bout "a day in the life" of a chef instructor
As a part-time chef Instructor, you are the face of our company,
getting to interact with children between the ages of 3-18,
parents, and school staff each week. You work on-site at different
locations in your area, leading hour-long healthy and entertaining
cooking enrichment classes for students.
Each week, you create creative recipes and teach children about new
ingredients and healthy foods from all over the world in an
engaging and hands-on way. Your organizational skills come into
play as you review weekly class curricula and prepare for
instruction which includes shopping independently for fresh
ingredients. You teach basic kitchen skills including washing,
cutting, grating, stirring, measuring, nutrition, and more as well
as the history, geography, and language behind each recipe.
Kids learn in a dynamic hands-on environment while you provide the
direction and encouragement to create a new recipe each class.
Teach kids healthy food habits that will nourish their bodies and
minds for a lifetime.
Our chefs are ONE in a MELON! Meet some of them in this video:
ABOUT STICKY FINGERS COOKING -
Sticky Fingers Cooking - is a home-grown company! Our dedicated,
talented and creative team has been busy cultivating 'cool'inary
curiosity for thousands of children in online classes, schools,
camps, and special events since 2008. We offer quality enrichment
cooking classes before, during, and after school, as well as
birthday parties, private cooking classes, and camps for children
3-18 years of age.
We have over 40 part-time employees who teach our cooking classes
and camps for kids at various locations across the city. Our
philosophy is that kids are only impacted if we have great
instructors who are passionate about what they do. We attract and
retain such amazing instructors by offering great pay, a friendly
schedule, all the needed equipment and tools, paid training,
individualized support, and FUN!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US IN THE KITCHEN?
If you feel that you would be a GRATE fit, please fill out our
initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to
Keywords: Sticky Fingers Cooking, Chicago , After School Children's Cooking Instructor, Education / Teaching , Northbrook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!