Nursing Education Specialist - Med Surg
Company: Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Campus
Location: Olympia Fields
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Nursing Education SpecialistWHAT WE NEED
Caring, skilled health inspirers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Meeting the highest standards of health care requires everyday
leaders who encourage good health. Caretakers who don't just
administer medication, but who actively listen and assess each
patient - looking the patient in the eye and letting them know that
they are seen and heard and cared for. RN doesn't just stand for
Registered Nurse here - it stands for Required Nurturer.
Can you accurately assess health needs and develop nursing care
plans? Do you want to work in an environment where faith and
compassion are valued? Have you longed for a place that values your
skills and gives you a chance to grow them? If so - get ready to
apply to your next job.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Practice nursing according to the organization and established
nursing philosophies and standards of care set by state board of
nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency
* Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends,
families, and coworkers.
* Collaborate with patients and their families, (and or primary
caregiver) as well as members of a multidisciplinary team, to
ensure optimal patient outcomes and enhancement of the patient
* Assess, collect, and analyze comprehensive objective, subjective,
psychosocial, and cultural data pertinent to patient condition.
* Prioritize and implement the identified plan, coordinate care
delivery, employ interventions to improve patient outcomes while
providing a safe, respectful, and ethical practice environment.
* Communicate timely changes in patient's assessment/ongoing
reassessment to providers that warrant consideration and/or a
change in the plan of care and maintain and coordinate
communication with all members of the multidisciplinary team to
facilitate safe transitions and continuity in care delivery.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment by handling and
clearing instruments, equipment, and supplies in accordance with
infection-control policies and protocols.
* May be required to maintain nursing supplies inventory by
checking stock and outdates to determine inventory level,
anticipating needed supplies and placing orders for required
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
* Active listening skills.
* Adapt to high volume and high stress areas.
* Adapt to multiple clinical settings.
* Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
* Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult
* Customer service skills.
* Prioritize and delegate tasks.
* Time management.
* Navigate the electronic health record for planning, evaluating,
and implementing patient care.
* Knowledge of HIPAA Guidelines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment
to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as
otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the
event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values
and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance
is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Keywords: Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Campus, Chicago , Nursing Education Specialist - Med Surg, Education / Teaching , Olympia Fields, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!