Sales Engineer - Cloud Focus
Company: Server Central Turning Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open
States when Applying) / At ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG), we
enable and transform businesses using technology.--As a Managed
Services Partner (MSP) we become one of our--customers'--most
trusted advisors for technology and innovation. We bring 20+ years
of enterprise IT experience to each and every engagement
-experience--covering--data centers, colocation, private cloud,
public cloud, software development, DevOps consulting,--network
services--and many more aspects of enterprise IT. We are seeking a
Sales Engineer - Cloud focus to work alongside our Sales Team to
deliver stellar service and expertise to our current and
prospective clients. Acting as a trusted advisor alongside our
Sales and Technology teams, you will provide an invaluable
experience. If you have demonstrated expertise with hyperscale
cloud platforms (AWS preferred) and are excited to join a growing
team in a customer-focused organization, this is the role for you!
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to develop and
leverage organizational Data Center, Hyperscale Cloud, and Hybrid
- Lead efforts to respond to RFPs.
- Listen to client problems / issues and work with Sales team to
develop a viable solution that meets current and potential future
- Identify, qualify, design, develop and present solutions based
upon business requirements and restrictions.
- Craft strategic and technical responses for presentations,
proposals, SOWs, and other complex engagements.
- Ensure SCTG solutions are accurately and completely scoped for
our implementation team to deliver services
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise
on SCTG solutions and services.
- Develop and leverage key client relationships an executive
level to earn trust and win business through a consultative selling
- Keep current on industry standards and best practices related
to our products and services
- Be able to serve as a mentor for team members on complex
technical, sales process and training concerns.
- Develop cost-engineering and profitability models for large
- Engage in and represent SCTG in public speaking opportunities
to customers, prospects, conferences, and industry forums.
- Create supporting documentation or tools to facilitate and
improve the sales process.
- Provide regular technical training for the sales team.
- Provide input, support, and essential "local knowledge" for
implementation projects. Specifically covering, but not limited to
the following technologies:
- Dedicated Servers
- Private Cloud
- Enterprise Cloud
- Network Connectivity
- Managed Services
- Back up Services
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Migration Services
- Remote Hands Capabilities Requirements:
- An excellent candidate will be able to demonstrate mastery of
the following subjects:
- Thorough understanding of hyperscale cloud platforms and
- Network design with at least one hyperscale cloud platform
- Experience in designing and/or deploying public cloud
- Experience with cloud migration strategies and deployments
- System administration working knowledge/experience on both
Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
provided by using hyperscale cloud services
- Working knowledge with virtualization technologies: VMware,
Hyper-V, Xen, or KVM
- Ability to create and run customer facing presentations
- Minimum 8 years in IT or IT consulting
- 3-4 years in ISP/Data Center/Managed Services or related
industries providing technical sales support (Equivalent)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; ability to
work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional qualification or a degree in a technical
discipline-- Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit
Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee collocation, free
cell phone and service, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health
Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun
and casual work environment.--
Keywords: Server Central Turning Group, Chicago , Sales Engineer - Cloud Focus, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!