Mechanical Engineer - Project Lead (Oil & Gas Projects
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Mechanical Engineer -- Project Lead (Oil & Gas Projects) in
Warrenville, Illinois - Careers at Warrenville Skip to Main Content
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Mechanical Engineer -- Project
Lead (Oil & Gas Projects) City Warrenville State IL Country United
States Area of Interest Engineering Type Full Time - Regular Job ID
2021-3450 Overview Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced
full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in
1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with
expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage,
nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers
comprehensive project services-from consulting, design and
implementation to construction management, commissioning and
operations/maintenance-with an emphasis on quality and safety. The
firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and
energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy's Core Values Every decision we make is guided by
our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our
clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow
as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality - We provide high-quality deliverables and services
through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and
- Accountability - Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of
professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People - We value diverse perspectives, encourage
professional growth, and are committed to providing a work
community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but
- Our Clients - We deliver value and exceed our clients'
expectations through outstanding customer service, personal
accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation - Since 1891, we have invested in the people,
training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a
constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact - We make a positive impact in the
communities where we work and live. Responsibilities Your
responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for leading the Mechanical Engineering
design efforts for a team of junior and senior engineers and
- You will work on challenging assignments that include
investigating, troubleshooting, and solving a wide variety of
mechanical engineering issues.
- Act as the Mechanical team lead in the coordination of detailed
design phases for all aspects of mechanical engineering work.
- Develop integrated systems designs and perform supporting
calculations for the planned work.
- Prepare technical specifications for mechanical engineering
- Prepare engineering studies.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others
including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to other engineers, project
managers, client personnel, and suppliers to ensure a complete and
- Perform reviews of existing facilities to propose upgrades and
replacements, and present findings and recommendations to clients
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less
experienced engineers.-- Qualifications We do not sponsor employees
for work authorization in the U.S. for this position. Essential
skills and experience:
- BSME from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved
program is required; MSME preferred.
- 8+ years' of experience in the design of mechanical engineering
systems for non-commercial, heavy industrial plants (oil & gas
and/or chemical), with a focus on integrated, detailed system
design for new plants, modifications, or replacements; Experience
must include the selection of equipment, piping materials, control
philosophy, and the preparation of performance sizing calculations
- Three or more years of experience in leading an engineering
design team through all phases of a project design.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven
pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Able to develop design schematics, such as flow diagrams and
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or
lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Able to walkdown and as-built existing oil and gas
- This position may require occasional travel. Valued but not
required skills and experience:
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- PE license preferred.
- Piping Stress Analysis. Sargent & Lundy is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any
protected status as defined by law. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Chicago , Mechanical Engineer - Project Lead (Oil & Gas Projects, Engineering , Warrenville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!