Company: OSI Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Plan, organize and direct all engineering, project, and
maintenance related activity for the plant. Responsible for
supervising, through Supervisors and Managers, a group of employees
involved in plant maintenance and engineering activities.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the design, layout, installation
and maintenance of the building, building support systems and
production equipment in a cost effective manner in accordance with
corporate, production and regulatory, requirements.
- Plan general project and maintenance schedules and provide to
supervisors and managers to ensure that the plant is operating
efficiently and that around the clock maintenance services are
- Establish and communicate targets for measuring department
efficiency; i.e., down-time, repair costs, parts costs, inventory
levels, labor hours, etc. Measure progress and provide coaching to
supervisors and managers to achieve targets.
- Identify vendors for use in construction projects, maintenance
supplies, outside services and other needs. Negotiate costs and
seek final approval from the Plant Manager.
- Research, recommend and implement, as approved, improvements to
building, utilities, processes, and plant equipment to reduce
costs, improve product, improve efficiencies and otherwise support
established facility goals and objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to production departments;
diagnose and make recommendations to eliminate production problems
and to improve operating effectiveness through more efficient use
and care of equipment.
- Ensure that accurate and compliant records relating to
maintenance work, equipment, engineering, research, purchasing, and
all regulatory agency contact are maintained.
- Monitor utilities usage; diagnose excessive consumption rates
and implement procedures to minimize costsWork closely with Plant
Manager to develop capital appropriation budget and provide input
on engineering, purchasing and installation requirements for
capital projects. --- Participate on a variety of teams that work
cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization and
assist other company facilities as required. --- Responsible for
complying with applicable regulatory, governmental, safety,
environmental considerations. --- Prepare routine and ad hoc
reports on project status, costs, down-time, maintenance activities
and other related matters. --- Coach, motivate, discipline, train,
terminate and effectively manage the performance of hourly and
salaried team members.
- At least (7) seven years of experience managing the work of
others engaged in maintenance or engineering work (preferably in
meat or other food industry).
- Possess expert level knowledge of federal, state and local
regulations as applies to the construction, maintenance and
operation of a manufacturing facility and its equipment.
- Ability to create, read, and analyze a variety of blueprints,
schematics, and similar documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local safety and
environmental regulations and related operational best
- Ability to manage complex installation and modification
projects involving major capital expenditures in the area of
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally
and in writing, with peers, management and external contacts.
- Ability to supervise and manage the work of others to achieve
established goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
preferred or equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities obtained
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment
subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the
proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with
plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger,
talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to
lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a
computer screen OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with
dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of
national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All
applicants will receive consideration for employment based on
merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the
E-Verify program. #CB#
Keywords: OSI Group, Chicago , Plant Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!