Company: Guardian Equipment
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Our Company:Founded 45 years ago, Guardian Equipment is a
worldwide leader in the manufacture of industrial safety equipment.
Our products - emergency eyewash and shower equipment - are used to
protect workers in the event of a chemical spill or accident. We
are a family-owned company and sell our products all over the world
being the largest player in our industry. -Our goal is total
customer satisfaction. We offer our customers superior quality
products, the flexibility to deliver customized solutions,
responsive service, and competitive prices. We are committed to
employee engagement, continuously developing our team, and
promoting from within. -We offer a workplace environment that
rewards commitment, talent, and the drive for excellence.
Proud to Call Chicago Home:Our 80,000 square foot headquarters and
manufacturing facility are located in a state-of-the-art, LEED-Gold
certified building at North Branch and Division Streets in Chicago.
Our facility has gated off-street parking, is close to the Kennedy
Expressway (I90) and has easy access to public transportation.
Position:Due to continuing growth in our business, we have an
opening for an experienced Product Design Engineer. This position
will handle all phases of designing new products and improvements
to existing products. Specific responsibilities include:
- Execute the design of new products by creating 3D models,
designing components, creating detailed drawings and prototypes,
testing, validation, and implementation.
- Troubleshoot existing products to improve performance,
durability, and manufacturability.
- Investigate and resolve quality issues with components
manufactured internally and by outside vendors.
- Handle product testing and certification projects with outside
- Maintain product drawings, engineering prints, and bills of
Qualifications:We require a hands-on professional with initiative,
self-confidence, ambition, and the ability to think through
problems and implement solutions. Ideal candidates will have:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering.
- 3 or more years of related experience in a manufacturing
- Proficiency in AutoCad and SolidWorks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of success in bringing product design
projects to completion.
Compensation:We offer an excellent salary and benefits package,
- Competitive salary, depending on educational background, skills
and experience level.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan with vision and
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) plan with company match.
- Generous paid time off, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Guardian Equipment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed
to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a
safe and healthy work environment.
Keywords: Guardian Equipment, Chicago , Design Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!