Project Execution Lead (PEL) Engineer
Posted on: June 26, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Leidos NISC IV program has an
opening for a Project Execution Lead (PEL) Engineer (with Fuel
Storage Systems expertise), to provide technical assistance to the
FAA's Fuel Storage Tank (FST) Program Office. The employee will
deal with all aspects of construction, including management and
scheduling, and will become a technical expert in the design and
operation of FAA fuel storage tanks, and regulatory compliance and
operations.Specific duties include::
- Support of FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline,
and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and
- Additional FAA Projects that maybe involved include the
installation of outdoor engine generator and DCBUS backup power
- Performing operational and compliance evaluations of fielded
and planned systems in support of FST National Program Office
- Directing implementation of FAA FST and backup emergency power
- Providing plant engineering recommendations and reviews
engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet NAS operational
- Providing subject matter expertise regarding configuration,
component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for
operation of tank systems.
- Investigation of existing systems / operations and identify
equipment and processes for design modification.
- Designing government fuel systems including above ground /
underground storage facilities, hydrant pumping and distribution
systems, waste fuel recovery, emergency fuel shutoff (EFSO) and
terminal automation / fuel system controls.
- Working independently as well as support and assist project
- Providing technical supervision and assistance to ensure
project activities are technically valid and results are
coordinated for project continuity and control.
- Coordination of technical activities with other professionals
and field personnel.
- Maintaining up to date records including correspondence, design
direction, progress submittals, schedules, meeting documents, shop
drawing review, test reports, as-built records and other documents
necessary to document engineering activities.
- Assist in coordinating the preparation of required interim and
final deliverables for projects in his or her charge.
- Acting as liaison with client, other professionals, and field
personnel to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of
project directives.Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or
Civil Engineering, and a minimum of 2 years of relevant
- Experience in the specialized fields related to fuel storage
system operations with demonstrated experience in assessments and
remedial actions under environmental regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of API 650 and API 653 and experience using
- Computer literacy is required.Desired experience:
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with potential safety
and health hazards associated with project activities and be able
to advise management of construction of procedures to
- Previous experience with FAA fuel delivery systems is
desired.Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 -
$109,350.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Chicago , Project Execution Lead (PEL) Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!