Staff Data Pipeline Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The CompanyPocket empowers people to discover, organize,
consume, and share content that matters to them. Our apps and
platform are essential ways that tens of millions of people
discover and consume content on the web. Pocket is the Web,
curated: for you and by you.The opportunityFor content
recommendations, everything starts with data. Pocket's Data
Products team builds systems that combine machine learning with
editorial expertise to surface high-quality content from across the
internet. Ensuring data privacy when collecting, distributing,
validating, and securing data at scale is no small task and every
engineer on our team plays a vital role in shaping each user's
experience.We are looking for a Lead Data Pipeline Engineer to own
the design and development of data pipeline applications for
complex, extensible, and highly scalable cloud-based data
platforms. Are you passionate about building intuitive data models?
Do you excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them
into scalable data solutions? We invite you to apply!People who
excel on our team thrive in a small, dynamic environments. We cover
many areas including machine learning, product engineering, machine
learning operations, and data modeling, among others.Who You
- Enjoy working on small, dynamic teams.
- Understand Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage,
governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc.
- Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, RDS
- A trusted authority in distributed data processing
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python or
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data lakes.What
- Build and maintain data pipeline applications
- Design, create and maintain the data platform data model at the
conceptual, logical, and physical levels.
- Establish data security, quality, load, transport and
- Research, design, document and modify data pipeline software
specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder documentation and operations
procedures, programs, security, etc. and assist in eliminating
- redundancy and automating manual processes.
- Assist in developing standards and criteria for the successful
implementation of new systems.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other engineers.Bonus
- Cloud warehouses: Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift
- Feature stores: Sagemaker, Databricks, Vertex
- Orchestrators: Airflow, Prefect
- Compute frameworks: AWS Glue, Spark, Hadoop, Athena
- Streaming data: Kinesis, Kafka
- Data modeling: DBTCommitment to diversity, equity, inclusion,
and belongingMozilla understands that valuing diverse creative
practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the
company's core mission. We encourage applications from everyone,
including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but
certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons,
persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations,
gender identities and expressions.We will ensure that qualified
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodations to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request
accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and
texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress
practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color,
national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status,
disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition,
medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws.
Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any
of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct,
or purpose.Group: C
Keywords: Mozilla, Chicago , Staff Data Pipeline Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!