Service Desk Engineer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Magenium Solutions is in search of a Service Desk Engineer.
Opportunity to work for 100% employee owned company. If interested,
please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Microsoft Windows-based systems within both virtual
and physical environments on premise and in the cloud.
- Develop, document, and improve standard practices for user
account management, printing, file shares, and other
- Manage day-to-day administration tasks for the client
- Manage day-to-day administration of Windows systems supporting
applications such as the services required for Office365
integration, Microsoft Teams, user account management, and
creating/monitoring automated tasks. Manage computer host systems
including hardware and software as required.
- Perform proactive administration of existing Windows Servers
with a focus on security, reliability, and scalability within a
- Performs maintenance of all assigned systems and ensures the
security of the applications and data residing on them as
- Builds and configures physical and/or virtual servers, installs
new operating system releases and system upgrades and patches,
troubleshoots and resolves server related problems based either on
a service request / project basis.
- Manage software licensing; communicate with vendors to rectify
discrepancies and solve technical issues
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance
of mission critical computer resources.
- Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on
server computer systems.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system problems in all areas with
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and
weekends, sometimes with minimal advance notice.
- Assist IT staff with troubleshooting complex requests.
- Performs basic troubleshooting for systems, networks, or other
- Configure, repair, upgrade and troubleshoot virtual servers,
server hardware, including DNS, DHCP, file shares and Active
- Configure, maintain, and verify network backup systems;
- Monitor, correct and maintain e-mail system to assure reliable
e-mail communications such as Office 365.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all departments
to optimize working relationships and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Significant experience with Microsoft Windows server
administration, configuration, and upgrades.
- Significant experience managing server virtualization
technologies like Microsoft Azure / MS Teams
- Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy design and
- Experience managing backup technologies and strategies.
- Proven problem-solving skills in a multiple-vendor
- Experience monitoring systems and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of security best practices regarding
administering a Windows environment.
- Understanding of networking configurations and
- Change management and documentation skills. -
- Experience administering, configuring, and deploying Anti-Virus
- Superior troubleshooting skills and thorough knowledge on the
configuration and use of network diagnostic tools.
- In depth knowledge of networking components including routers,
switches, wireless infrastructure and security appliances.
- Ability to apply problem solving methodologies to diagnose and
solve operational problems.
- Experience configuring routers, switches, access points.
- Experience with network operations over multiple servers and
- Knowledge of the interrelationship between network systems and
enterprise management systems supporting desktop computers,
security policies, directory services, and converged voice, video,
and data systems.
- Familiarity with current trends and technologies in high
availability production computing service delivery.Knowledge Of:
- Knowledge of designing, installing, configuring, and
troubleshooting of Windows servers;
- Data communication networks, protocols, and standards,
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Configuration and use of network diagnostic tools.
- Security best practices; and of current trends and technologies
in high availability production computing service delivery.
- LAN and WAN network software and hardware configurations and
- Components and capabilities of distributed data processing
- Backup procedures for server hardware and software including
disaster recovery procedures.
- Data communications and network protocols.
- Diagnostic tools and program documentation.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Technical aspects of field of specialty.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable sections of the State Education Code and other
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- TCP/IP addressing routing, configuration and troubleshooting
- Provide technical assistance to department and site personnel
in the operation of network functions.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and correct complex network protocol and
data communications issues.
- Implement new applications and software programs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both
orally and in writing, with various levels of the college
community, including the ability to exercise patience, tact and
good judgment in dealing with end users.Ability to work
independently and with minimal day-to-day supervision.
Keywords: Magenium, Chicago , Service Desk Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!