Data Engineer II
Company: Hub Group
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Hub Group offers comprehensive transportation and logistics
management solutions. Keeping our customers' needs in focus, Hub
Group designs, continually optimizes, and applies industry-leading
technology to our customers' supply chains for better service,
greater efficiency, and total visibility. As an award-winning,
publicly traded company (Nasdaq: HUBG) with nearly $5 billion in
revenue, our 6,000 employees across North America are always in
pursuit of "The Way Ahead" - a commitment to service, integrity and
innovation. For more information, visit hubgroup.com.
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Engineer II is a member of the IT Enterprise
Data Warehouse team and is responsible for the provisioning of data
to multiple data platform(s) using data ingestion and
transformation techniques and tools. This position provides
technical leadership, development, implementation and support of
our complex Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work with the business users to finalize
requirements and build solutions that meet those needs.
- Build new Data Ingestion processes utilizing data replication
techniques (CDC - Change Data Capture) to integrate with new and
existing data sources.
- Develop, test, and implement complex ETL processes using SQL
based tools. (i.e. SSIS, Stored procedures, Azure Data Factory,
- Familiar with a variety of data sources- NoSQL, JSON, and
- Create appropriate implementation plans and coordinate releases
with fellow IT team members and implementer's for a successful
- Ability to troubleshoot data issues found within a data
platform environment and determine root cause.
- Provide knowledge transfer to Level 2 resources for on-going
support and monitoring.
- Provide 3rd-tier production support as needed
- Automate manual data processes, optimize user queries, and
facilitate data research and understanding while partnered with
analysts and business specialists.
- Participate in ongoing DW/BI performance tuning activities
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload for multiple
projects, able to meet target completion dates
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to
adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a
- Other duties as directed by management
- 3-5 years of experience developing, maintaining, and
administering ELT/ETL processing with SSIS, stored procedures or
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with complex SQL
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Warehouse models (e.g., Data
Vault, Star Schema)
- 3-5 years of experience with Data Replication (CDC) processing
- Qlik Data Integration tools- Replicate and Compose experience
- Azure Data Services (+)
- Snowflake experience (+)
Keywords: Hub Group, Chicago , Data Engineer II, Engineering , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!