Contract: Machine Learning Ops Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's work marketplace. We serve
everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100
with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and
talent to work together in new ways that unlock their
potential.Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done
through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more
control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating
their careers.This is an engagement through Upwork's Hybrid
Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team
is a global group of professionals that support Upwork's business.
Our HWS team members are located all over the world.Work/Project
- Join a team of ML engineers & managers to collaborate on
building and productizing machine learning products serving high
- Design and implement APIs and integrations between our machine
learning platform services with the rest of the company's
- Maintain and monitor machine learning pipelines in-production
and drive model retraining in automated or semi-automated
- Contribute to a scalable infrastructure and ML platform for all
of the ML teams at Upwork.
- Work cross-functionally to drive improvements in processes or
systems ensuring alignment with key imperatives and core strategies
of the Machine Learning Engineering organizationMust Haves
- Hands-on MLE experience designing ML-focused platforms and
infrastructure that accelerate model development, training,
deployment and monitoring
- Bonus for "self-service" model development tooling, training
and model deployment at scale.
- Proficient with Java and Python, hands-on MLE experience
(Spark, Databricks, SageMaker),
- Proficient with java microservice frameworks (Spring or Guice
etc) deployed in the distributed and cloud-based environment.
- Experience with MLOps platforms (MLFlow), building CI/CD
pipelines (Jenkins), databases (SQL, DynamoDB, Redis) and ML
libraries (pandas, tensorflow, pytorch, etc).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering product features within
tight deadlines, in collaboration with multiple partner groups and
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative environment
and lead the parallel development and delivery of features on
multiple related product areas.
- Experience driving large, scalable system architectures
partnering with technology leaders in the company.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Good critical thinking skills to transform data into actionable
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with an ability
to effectively communicate to team leaders and senior
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork's mission
and impact.Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and
inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion,
color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
Keywords: Upwork, Chicago , Contract: Machine Learning Ops Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!