AutoCAD Designer / Project Engineer
Company: ESPO Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title: AutoCAD Designer / Project Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote / Hybrid available)
Duration: Permanent Hire
Salary: 60k 80k (commensurate with experience)
Remote / Hybrid available
Provide AutoCAD support to Project Managers by preparing layouts,
detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & diagrams. Details to
include all views and dimensions necessary for construction. Make
copies of drawings and maintain information regarding changes to
database. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and
familiarity with Engineering terminology. Mechanical aptitude with
ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Knowledge of
CAD/BIM equipment and relationship of CAD to BIM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use computer assisted design/drafting (CAD) equipment and
software to develop designs.
- Create and revise construction drawings (detail and system
- Make final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of
parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and
relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilize knowledge of various, engineering practices,
mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to
- Draft detailed Multiview drawings of construction details. Draw
finished designs from sketches.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized file system per our
current set up. Collate submittals for projects and send out to
- Communicate with QA, Engineering, Architects and Manufacturing
regarding new and revised prints.
- Work closely with all project managers, estimators, supervisors
and foremans on projects.
- Correspond clearly and timely with clients and vendors on
questions regarding drawings and/or other issues. Must be able to
articulate clearly via emails, phone and on-site meetings.
- Learn and understanding roofing and waterproofing product
lines. Maintain warranty paperwork/documents on projects.
- Take action to resolve operational problems and minimize
- Distill relevant information from architectural, structural and
landscaping drawing sets.
- Develop original details which demonstrate a clear
understanding of the architect's design intent while simultaneously
communicate our own design intent.
- Communicate how roofing/waterproofing systems are installed
with respect to surrounding trades. This includes: phasing,
chemical compatibility, protection, repair, and all manner of good
- Submit RFI's to reduce liability and prevent gaps in scope.
Paperwork for all warranties and closeout documentation. Must have
a car to get to jobsites.
- Ability to make site visits to projects for field verification,
project meetings on site. Ability to climb stairs or
- Work with stakeholders at all levels, with direct
responsibility for project planning with focus on budgeting and
field operations. Assist in Coordination of material procurement
and delivery, work on project close-out documents, Other duties as
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's preferred with 2-4 years relatable experience.
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school with minimum 3-4 years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- College degree in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and math.,
and/or equivalent experience and training on CAD.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency Sketchup
- BIM experience not required but helpful
- Construction background and Project Engineer a plus. Spanish
speaking a plus.
- Experience in construction, roofing/waterproofing drawings and
understanding of materials a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports, operating instructions and
correspondence using proper grammar. Ability to speak effectively
before a group of customers, general contractors, architects or
employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry
and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
High skill level in AutoCAD software. Skilled in PC usage and
associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Access, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new graphic software to
compliment the presentation of new SolidWorks designs. Field verify
whether our installations meet standards set in our drawings.
Provide technical support throughout design and installation
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to make
site visits to projects. Climb stairs or ladder.
Willowbrook, IL 60527
View all open jobs at:
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of
diversity in our work force . All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status or any other attribute or
protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying
please contact us at 630-789-2525.
Keywords: ESPO Corporation, Chicago , AutoCAD Designer / Project Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!