AVP, Senior Data Engineer
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Description:Role Summary/Purpose:We are looking for a, AVP,
Senior Data Engineer to provide technical leadership for the
development of Big Data applications supporting key business
domains. In this role you will be an integral part of an exciting,
fast-paced, constantly changing and challenging work environment,
and will play an important role in technology solutions at
Synchrony.We're proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have
the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of
our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our
nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team
meetings, training and culture events.Essential
- Develop big data & streaming applications for Synchrony in AWS
and Hadoop ecosystem.
- Understand and manage the data needs of stakeholders in a
single business vertical.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of scalable &
fault tolerant data applications on Big-Data & Cloud Platforms to
store and process terabytes of data from upstream sources with high
- Partner with information architects, platform architects, data
scientists and product management on solution requirements to
- Resolve problems through in-depth evaluation of business
processes, system processes, enterprise standards &
- Comply with data management standards and procedures
- Responsible for design, development, testing oversight and
production implementation using Spark, Hive, Kafka, API, Scala,
Python, SQL & AWS.
- Lead the technical team to ensure appropriate data solutions to
meet business goals as well as identify and define necessary system
and process enhancements.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, Program
Manager, Scrum Masters and Team Members in a Scaled Agile
- Engage in mid-level business partner engagement; management of
relationship and inter-group planning among technology
- Stay up to date on latest trends in data engineering and
recommended best practices.
- Utilize innovative frameworks to avoid redundancy by promoting
- Collaborate with data engineering team members to promote
Synchrony values and culture.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience in
Technology in the consumer banking industry OR High School
Diploma\GED and a minimum of 6 years or experience in TechnologyOR
successful completion of Synchrony'sBusiness Leadership
- Experience with large scale Big Data environments such as
Hortonworks/Cloudera and/or public cloud (AWS preferred).
- Strong experience and deep understanding of ETL, data
warehousing, data lake technologies (Hadoop & Spark) and analytics
- Strong engineering skills in the following technologies: Spark,
Hive, Kafka, API, Scala, Python, SQL, AWS
- Experience with batch and real-time data pipelines in a DevOps
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with globally
located Agile teams working in different shifts.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative working
relationships with Technology and Business Stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Adept and
presenting complex topics executing with timely / actionable
- Prior work experience in a Credit card/Banking/Fin tech
- Experience dealing with sensitive data in a highly regulated
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as
- Experience with APIs/Microservices in data-driven
- Demonstrated implementation of complex and innovative
- Articles and publications in the field of data
- Be the captain of the team, lead by example, motivate, and work
together as a team.Grade/Level: 10The salary range for this
position is 75,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD AnnualSalaries are adjusted
according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background
investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service
with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.
Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the
associate will have a minimum 6 months' time in position before
they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or
greater, must have at least 24 months' time in position before they
can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance
expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the
approval of your manager and HR if you don't meet the time in
position or performance expectations).Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Our
Commitment:When you join us, you'll be part of a diverse, inclusive
culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only
heard-but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and
believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes
Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we're building a
future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into
action. Through the power of our 8, with more than 60% of our
workforce engaged, you'll find community to connect with an
opportunity to go beyond your passions.This starts when you choose
to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Reasonable
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please
tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation
include making a change to the application process or work
procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a
sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career
Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can
be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from
8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard TimeJob Family
Keywords: Synchrony, Chicago , AVP, Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...