Maintenance Mechanic (3rd Shift)
Company: Alpha Baking
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Location: 4545 W. Lyndale Ave. Chicago, IL 60639KEY RESULT
- This position primarily is responsible for performing
preventive maintenance for a three shift manufacturing operation.
In addition, this role provides assistance or takes on sole
responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing
- Performs repairs, services and maintains the plant and plant
equipment. Ensures that production runs at a maximum efficiency
while reducing costs.
- This is a plant level maintenance position PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Troubleshoot and correct equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment in a thorough
and safe manner.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management
- Train production employees as well as other mechanics and be
willing to be trained by other mechanics.
- Work weekends or overtime with short notice on a daily basis if
- Pushing, pulling, bending
- Able to work on feet for the entire shift.
- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pulling, climbing of
machinery and/or tooling.
- Work in high ambient temperatures.Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalentSkills:
- Electrical - troubleshooting knowledge of 3 phase 480VAC,
control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
- Welding - able to weld with TIG and stick
- Cutting - torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter.
- Fabricating - able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch
- Drilling/ Milling - knowledge of use: power drills, dill press,
mill and lathe machinesExperience (Years/Type):
- Preferred minimum two years of experience in a manufacturing
setting Must have general knowledge of maintenance functions such
as electrical, plumbing, conveyors, motors/gearboxes, read
Keywords: Alpha Baking, Chicago , Maintenance Mechanic (3rd Shift), Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...