Field Network Engineer
Company: Impact Networking
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Impact is hiring a Field Network Engineer for our Nationally ranked
Best and Brightest Workplace!
The Field Network Engineer (FNE) will be utilized in many different
capacities to ensure client success regarding the entire scope of
our Managed IT services. The FNE will be the primary technical
subject matter expert for MIT clients' technical environment. The
FNE maintains client uptime and improves their computing
experiences through effective monitoring, maintenance, problem
identification and resolution activities, as well as further
developing our company's positive reputation with existing clients
through exceptional service. The role of the Field Network Engineer
is challenging and rewarding, requiring a strong and vast technical
skill set, along with business acumen and interpersonal skills. The
position will require several different skills, beyond what is
stated here. The focus of any job at Impact is always Excellent
- Produce the technical portion of the Business Transformation
Assessment (BTA). The focus is on discovery and recommendation,
taking data to produce strategy. This includes RMM tool
configuration and deployment on the client network, physical
review, documentation of the IT assets, and participation in onsite
interviews. The FNE then must analyze the data collected and
produce a detailed technical document that outlines the client
network with our technical recommendations.
- When necessary, participate in phone conferences, in person
meetings, validation, and proposal meetings with the Managed IT
Business Development Specialist. The emphasis is always on showing
the value, capability, and professionalism of our Managed IT
services. Our goal is partnering with the client on our fully
managed IT program.
- Scope and generate technical project plans, defining steps
necessary for successful project completion and defining project
- Participate in end user on-boarding meetings to help explain
the Complete Care program and show clients how to interact with our
Service Desk. Walk users through the Complete Care end user guide
and ensure the client understands the process while emphasizing our
commitment to excellent customer service.Technical
- The FNE will plan and lead the installation and configuration
of recommendations made during the BTA. This requires the technical
skills to implement the core networking technologies. These include
Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, firewalls,
switches, BDR solutions, PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy
configuration, and cloud services such as Office 365, G-Suite, and
- Configuration of our RMM tool to monitor and alert on all
critical client network components.
- Work with the Service Desk and Operations teams to plan and
implement the client management and maintenance plans that include
Windows and 3rd party software patching, A/V profiles and scan
schedules, workstation clean up, Active Directory management,
backup maintenance, and all network documentation.
- Work with clients' line of business vendors.
- Identifies, documents and troubleshoots user computing issues
to resolution and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Identifies user problems and works within a structured problem
management and resolution process to maintain customer
- Works with other resources and vendors to deliver effective
field support services.
- Utilizes Impact improved technologies to deliver on-site and
remote user support services.
- On time documentation of issues within Impact's ticket system.
- Participates in ongoing training and attainment of manufacturer
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and
engineers that further develop our company's positive reputation
through exceptional customer service.
- Maintains relationships with vendor contacts that are
beneficial to the company.
- Follows a set of standards for documentation of customer
network status and activities.
Things We Are Looking For
- Server Administration
- Experience with Windows 2012-2019 Server
- Active Directory design, management and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint management
- DNS, DHCP, and Remote Desktop Services
- VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Storage solutions: SAN, NAS, and Shared Storage
- Firewalls, switches, and other networking technologies
- Cisco Meraki, HP, and other technologies
- Disaster recovery solutions and backup technologies
- Office 365, Azure and other cloud solutions
- Mobile operating systems (IOS, Android, Windows)
- RMM tools such as N-Able, Kaseya or LabTech Excellent in-person
and remote client support skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsCertifications,
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Microsoft Fundamental and Associate certifications
- Cisco Certifications Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be prepared for on-site work with clients
- Excellent technical writing ability
Valued Qualifications (not required)
- 5 or more years relevant experience as a:
- Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator,
Systems Administrator, IT Administrator, NOC Engineer, IT Engineer,
IT Consultant, IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineer, Windows Server
- Relevant industry certifications
- Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
- Experience working for a managed services organization
- 20 days of PTO
- 12+ paid holidays
- Flexible Sick Day Policy
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Comprehensive Health, Disability Life, Dental and Vision
- 401(K) match & retirement plans
- Student Loan reimbursement
- On-going training & development opportunities#LI-Onsite
Keywords: Impact Networking, Chicago , Field Network Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...