Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Performs work associated with maintenance, repair, preventive
maintenance and alteration of building and mechanical, electrical
and plumbing equipment and systems.
Consistently demonstrates support of theShirley Ryan
AbilityLabstatement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for
excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect
and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees,
and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of
- Performs routine maintenance activities such as changing light
bulbs, hanging pictures, changing fan belts and the like.
- Installs vinyl floor tile and baseboards. Determines tile
layout, measures and cuts tile to fit space, applies fixative to
floor surface and lays title.
- Conducts inspections of machinery, equipment and fire safety
equipment, checks gauges and calibrations and performs routine
preventive maintenance such as lubricating moving parts. Records
preventive maintenance activities according to procedure.
- Makes routine plumbing and electrical repairs such as
unclogging drains, repairing leaking faucets and toilets and
repairing light fixtures.
- Removes and replaces ceiling tiles. Measures, cuts and installs
- Cleans work areas, maintains equipment and tools and returns
unused materials to storage areas after completion of assigned
work. Maintains work log of activities performed.
- Performs maintenance inspections on assigned floors.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Installs ceramic tile in various Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
locations by determining tile layout, measuring and cutting tiles
to proper size, applying fixative to surface and laying and
- Installs drywall on new constructing or remodeling projects by
taking measurements, cutting materials, fastening materials
together applying tape and smoothing surface.
- Cuts key blanks to make keys for specific locks, using key
- Reports to maintenance supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Work requires ability to read mechanical drawings and equipment
manuals normally acquired through completion of high school or
vocational school or equivalent years experience.
- Work requires one to two years experience in basic mechanical
repairs and knowledge of pumps and valves and necessary familiarity
with Institute policies and procedures, different types of machines
and equipment routinely repaired and safety precautions.
- Requires interpersonal skills sufficient to maintain effective
communication with Institute employees.
- Requires ability and move heavy equipment weighing up to sixty
- Requires ability to use tools required by duties.
- Requires analytical ability to determine nature of equipment
failure and to read and interpret diagrams and sketches.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago , Maintenance Mechanic, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...