Company: Insight Surgical Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
At -Insight Hospital and Medical Center Chicago, -we believe
there is a better way to provide quality healthcare while achieving
health equity. Our Chicago location looks forward to working
closely with our neighbors and residents, to build a full-service
community hospital in the Bronzeville area of Chicago; creating a
comprehensive plan to increase services and meet community needs.
With a growing team that is dedicated to delivering world-class
service to everyone we meet, it is our mission to deliver the most
compassionate, loving, expert, and impactful care in the world to
our patients. Be a part of the Insight Chicago team that provides
PATIENT CARE SECOND TO NONE! If you would like to be a part of our
future team, please apply now! These duties are to be performed in
a highly confidential manner, following the mission, values, and
behaviors of Insight Hospital and Medical Center. Employees are
further expected to provide a high quality of care, service, and
kindness toward all patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and
Position Summary: The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) is
required to install, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, and
verify the performance of complex biomedical equipment with minimal
supervision. The individual should be competent in the use of all
applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of
these duties. The BMET may serve as technical advisor to the
medical and clinical staff in the safe operation and use of
clinical equipment. This position also assists in developing
specifications for the selection of new clinical equipment. The
individual demonstrates adherence to the Insight Chicago core
values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all
people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and
- Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate biomedical equipment
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient
- Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in
the identification of technology based problems and solutions.
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled
inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer
- Preparing required documentation and reports in accurate and
- Demonstrates a safety mindset.
- Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service.
- Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others. Qualifications
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or
equivalent military experience or two years of equivalent
- Technical Certification (CBET) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with biomedical equipment
in a clinical engineering environment. Insight Employees are
required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of
employment, subject to accommodation for medical or sincerely held
religious beliefs. Insight is an equal opportunity employer and
values workplace diversity!
Keywords: Insight Surgical Hospital, Chicago , Biomedical Engineer, Engineering , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!