INSIDE SALES MANAGER
Company: Castle Metals
Location: Oak Brook
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Inside Sales Manager oversees and directs the activities of the
inside sales force to maximize volume, expansion and profitability
while satisfying customers and upholding the Company s mission and
vision. Also manages direct reports ongoing development and
A. M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader in
the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional benefits
including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K match,
disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Primary Responsibilities:
* Manages all inside sales activities to ensure achievement of
established objectives for price integrity, acceptable gross profit
margins, and customer satisfaction.
* Handles market expansion efforts.
* Collaborates with key customers, credit, operations, and outside
sales representatives to expedite and troubleshoot customer orders,
facilitate new programs, messages and offerings.
* Handles escalated customer calls relating to complaints on
orders, investigates basis of complaint, refers problems to
appropriate personnel, recommends action to rectify problems, and
follows up to ensure resolution.
* Utilizes and implements creative and innovative sales techniques,
process, and tools to increase sales volume.
* Reviews sales orders for appropriate pricing structure and
utilization of inventory.
* Collaborate with other departmental management to facilitate
relationships among members of these various departments and
locations in order to achieve the organization's goals and
* Mentors and trains inside sales team.
* Oversees resource planning, reporting and communications for
* Ensures reporting and communications are frequent and cascaded to
* Participates in sales meetings and presentations.
* Staff Management:
* Guides and mentors staff to ensure productivity, resolving
problems as they arise
* Participates in recruitment of open positions, recommends /
select the best-qualified candidate.
* Conducts performance evaluations.
* Address performance problems through corrective action,
discipline and if necessary dismissal.
* Assesses employee performance and recommends merit increases
during planning cycles.
* Conducts selling efforts as needed.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
* General office environment, PC use
Required Experience: Type, Skills, and Years:
* Seven years of progressive sales experience
* Advanced knowledge of Sales Entry System software
* Leadership skills
* PC literacy including Microsoft Office experience
* Strong organizational skills
* Superior problem solving skills
* Proven ability to manage detail on multiple projects
* High school diploma or GED
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* Two years of outside sales experience
* Experience within metals industry
* Working knowledge of Oracle
* Familiarity with Castle products, pricing, programs, and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a global
distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and supply
chain services, principally serving the producer durable equipment,
oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment, industrial
goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and automotive
sectors of the global economy. Its customer base includes many
Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium and
smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries. Within
its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of alloy
and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon. Together,
Castle operates service centers located throughout North America,
Europe and Asia.
Keywords: Castle Metals, Chicago , INSIDE SALES MANAGER, Executive , Oak Brook, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!