Senior Project Manager- Development Services
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Senior Project Manager, Development Services, Lisle, IL
Kimley-Horn has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a
motivated Senior Practice Leader to join our Development Services
team in Lisle, IL. The successful candidate will lead a practice
specializing in Commercial, Mixed-use and multi-family development
services. This individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and
create a vision for growth for a Development Services practice
while growing their own projects, clients and team around them.
This position leads business development efforts, manages
relationships with key clients, and oversees all project tasks
while mentoring the growth of younger staff. The successful
candidate will have a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and
grow their business.
Practice Builders are encouraged to pursue opportunities that fuel
their professional passion and contribute to firmwide success. Our
system for rewards is designed to recognize staff as they move
along a path to success. Bonuses, promotions, path to ownership
recognition, and other forms of advancement are performance based,
because as a firm we focus on results.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Lead a Land Development team while building and managing
relationships with key clients.
- Operate with integrity and sound business principles.
- Provide practice vision, business planning and strategy,
establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client
- Open communication with partners and team, along with growing
and directing a Land Development practice.
- Manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff,
grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Identifying and tracking leads.
- Making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of
- Establish budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of
deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
- Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and
production support will be provided.
With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of an
impressive bonus program with the potential to advance to
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Extensive client contacts and relationships with local or
national architects, developers, land use attorneys, planners
and/or land owners as well as local jurisdictional staff.
- P.E. with at least 10 years of experience growing and leading a
commercial, mixed-use, multi-family land development practice in
the Chicago area market.
- Business development and marketing experience including;
writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgeting for projected
- Ability to effectively communicate positively at all levels of
- Ability to manage& mentor staff, and direct resources
effectively in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage land development projects
At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation's premier planning and design
consultants, our professionals are experts in many disciplines yet
share one passion: making our clients successful.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in
the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor
H1-B or any other work visa petitions at this time.Apply Now
Keywords: Kimley-Horn, Chicago , Senior Project Manager- Development Services, Executive , Lisle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!