Company: University of Chicago Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Lead a team of IT professionals to architect, design &
implement the company Infrastructure Strategy based on the software
defined data center, hyper converged infrastructure, cloud
technologies, financial compression, and automation.
- Provides leadership & direction for all Infrastructure teams;
System Engineering, Networking, Data Center Infrastructure &
Database / Data Warehouse.
- Develop, refresh & communicate Infrastructure roadmap and
- Works in collaboration with other company-- IT leaders to
ensure technology platforms meet business requirements.
- Work with leadership to set the overall direction and standards
for Infrastructure Technology.
- Ensure short-term & long-term infrastructure tactical planning
for current and future technology meet company-- business
- Accountable for Capital and Operating planning, management, and
- Manage company-- IT departmental, partner, & vendor
- Develop and deliver QBR with company-- partners.
- Study healthcare and technology trends to identify points of
intersection and opportunities for creative financial and
competitive advantages for company-- .
- Accountable for ensuring a robust, scalable and highly
available infrastructure environment.
- Accountable for technical standards, identifies and evaluates
new products, and provides resolution for problems.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and
diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting performance.
- Provides integrated team support and maintenance of
- Performs other duties assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an
equivalent field of study
- A minimum of thirteen (13) years of Information Technology
experience with a minimum of ten (10) years of management
experience with direct responsibility for Enterprise Infrastructure
- Experience with Public & Private Cloud services, Data Center
Orchestration / Automation, SDI, VDI, Enterprise Storage, Security
architecture, Data Center electrical distribution, Database and
Data Warehouse platforms, ITSM, Capacity management, Cellular
- Understanding & practice of the Scientific Method
- Detailed understanding of networking/distributed computing
- Independent problem-solver - sorts through issues and conducts
comparative analysis of multiple solutions (i.e. skilled in problem
analysis; pays very close attention to detail)
- Excellent listening and organizational skills with emphasis on
detail and follow-through
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working
relationships with company-- IT and business partners
- Excellent organizational, financial, and analytical skills
- Skilled in project management and work plan development and
- Effective oral and written communication skills and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
inquiries from company-- partners
Keywords: University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago , Director, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!