Director of Product
Company: Current Media LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Our mission is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn
additional income from their everyday habits. We accomplish this
with an Android app and smartphone that pay users to listen to
music, charge their phone, play games, complete surveys; and
connect them with exclusive deals to save and earn even more.--
We've grown our product by several multiples in 2020: over 200,000
people earn on Current daily, we've paid out over $1M to people in
2020 , and are maintaining positive margins at an 8-figure revenue
run rate. Our team of 30 works in several autonomous,
cross-functional pods. Each pod has a Product Manager, 3-5
Engineers, a designer, and a QA Engineer rallied around a core part
of the product; together they are responsible for defining and
achieving a set of OKRs. Our team is distributed across the globe.
We are rigorously data-driven with our product and engineering
decisions, allowing us to prioritize the best outcome for our users
while maintaining a sustainable business. About the Role We are
looking for an experienced Director of Product to join with the
- Manage a group of Product Managers and designers. You'll
provide world-class management support and coaching to ensure we're
working on the highest impact problems, supercharge their personal
development, and spread learnings across the team.
- Refine and execute the product strategy . You'll work closely
with the CEO, CTO, and your Product Managers to refine a winning
strategy that delights users and enhances our margins. You'll be
able to clearly articulate the strategies to the whole company,
align the pods around them, and work with the Product Managers to
maintain a 3-6 month roadmap.
- Partner with other senior leaders . The company will look to
you as the face of the product team. You'll forge close
relationships with our Director of Engineering, Director of
Marketing, CTO, and CEO to improve our operations, define OKRs, and
filter initiatives to keep the product teams focused.
- Standardize our processes. You'll assess and understand the
processes, product metrics, and culture of the product team. You'll
standardize & document our approach to building products, allowing
us to easily grow the team.
- Hire and retain world-class product people . You'll understand
the current gaps on the team, and be responsible for working with
our CTO to create hiring plans to continue growing a world-class
- Promote a data-driven, growth-oriented culture. You understand
the core tenets of growing a consumer product. You'll foster a
culture that prioritizes experimentation and optimization, and will
use data to define and test creative strategies to increase
engagement. This is a globally-available position on our
remote-first team, with a generous compensation package of base
salary, cash bonus, and equity.
- our mission and company excite you!
- you're excited to join a growth-stage startup, and help
level-up the company.--
- you have experience leading 5+ Product Managers.
- you're passionate about helping your team identify and achieve
their career goals.
- you have a track record of launching world-class, high-impact
- you have an established process for developing margin-enhancing
product strategies that are aligned to the company objectives, and
can be evaluated with data.
- and you have experience aligning multiple product teams around
- you have experience developing, maintaining, and communicating
6-month product roadmaps to stakeholders at all levels.
- you have a track record of attracting, hiring, and retaining
extraordinary product managers and designers. And, please mention
in your application if---
- you have experience working in ad tech.
- you have experience in a growth role. (These can be mentioned
in the first application question or on your cover letter)
Interview Process The interview process consists of a 30-minute
phone screen with our CTO, a 1-hour product skills interview, a
1-hour engineering management interview, and a virtual onsite day
with a mix of Engineers, Product Managers, and Senior Leadership
interviews. What would you be excited to do at Current? --*
How many people do you currently lead and what roles are you
directly managing? --*
How did you hear about this opportunity?
Keywords: Current Media LLC, Chicago , Director of Product, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!